PART 26

Nandini and manik used to celebrate every festivals together even though manik was not very interested in all those events and rituals but for her he had to do all that she ask for...nandini even used to celebrate the muslim festivals too. It was just a way of her enjoying getting ready eating loads of food and she forced manik to do all this with her nd he couldn't resist her..all the years they celebrated every festival together with all friends but this time it was them only...

It was evening nandini was just lying on her bed busy on her phone when manik came
MANIK: "what the hell nandini are you alright??" He said coming inside seemed to be a little shocked
NANDINI: "ofc I'm alright what happened to me?"
MANIK: "nandini?? Aren't you excited for EID?"
NANDINI: "chand nazar agya kya?"
MANIK: "you're absolutely no okay" he came and sit beside her taking away her phone
NANDINI: "give me my phonee manikk I'm okay trust me"
MANIK: "you used to sit on the terrace for 2 to 3 hours waiting to see the "CHAAND" aren't you excited this time?"
NANDINI: "yes but from childhood everyone used to be together and festivals are fun when everyone is together spending quality time with family nd frnds...we don't have both" says sadly
MANIK:" am I not your frnd family?" He hold her hand
NANDINI: "you to never like it na every year I've to convince you for 100 time for each nd every festival"
MANIK: "that's why I've become use to it"
NANDINI: "so you mean...." excitely
manik nodes in a yess
NANDINI: "let's go nd find my chaand"
Manik laughs at her
They both reach the terris after 30 mints moon was seen
NANDINI: "manik pray" joined hands
MANIK: "you know I don't believe all this yrr"
Nandini forcefully joined his hands and closes her eyes

Nandini praying (God please always keep him safe dont let that smile ever fade away from his face.. I know this time my feelings for my friend have changed but I only want this if he does nd dont make it difficult for us...just dont separate us everr)

Manik praying ( wesay to I dont believe all this but yeah all I want is her happiness her life a long healthy life for her that's it..)

After they were done praying
NANDINI: "manik it's chaand raat" she excitedly jumped
MANIK: "yeah I knoww"
NANDINI: "you know what we're doing tonight?"
MANIK: "from the time you were born I know what to do on chaand raat" he said making a bad face
Nandini just hit him nd he laughed at her
NANDINI: "I'll go get readyy fast"
MANIK: "yeah ookk"

Nandini came back after 30 minutes excited as ever she just liked to enjoy enjoy each and every moment a girl who is full of life making the most out of her life and convincing all her frnds to do the same...

NANDINI: "did you see the messages in the group"
MANIK: "yeahh you just  made it everyone's habit now everyone's missing chaand raat with you"
NANDINI: "are you jealous??"
MANIK: "jealous of what?"
NANDINI: "jealous that they're missing me only" with a proud attitude
MANIK: "miss malhothra I'm not jealous of youuuuu bcz I know you're the one girl full of life enjoying and celebrating every other thing obv they're gonna miss you...even today I myself came to you"
NANDINI: "yeah that was surprising"
MANIK: "I had to har saal to sara din dmgh khati thi chand chand chand aj chup thi to I had to check on you"
Nandini hit him on his shoulder
NANDINI: "so you know what we're doing or do I have to tell you?"
MANIK: "I know each and everything lets go"

They headed towards their car firstly manik took her to a mall to select their eid dresses after 2 hours finally they liked something and went back towards their car nd placed their shopping bags there
MANIK: "nandini even in mall all other things are present why dont you buy from here??"
NANDINI: "manik malhotra just quietly drive the car nd take me there"
MANIK: "what's so different in that local place everything's present here still you've to go there"
NANDINI: "that's where it feels like chand raat  all the roads covered with beautiful lights mehndi gajray churiyaannn uffff that place actually makes me feel like it's eid"
Manik just said nothing bcz he knew he can't win from her in this argument so he drove the car there

Nandini from childhood used to come in that street only even the shopkeepers there knew her very well...when they reached there nandini just ran out of car nd manik after parking his car came behind her she was standing on a stall where there were bangles which she loved all coloured bangles there manik smiled looking at her excitement...
He went to her nd selected "churiyaann" of his choice and made her wear in both hands nd also bought extra for tomorrow...

Next there were a few girls applying mehndi nandini went their the girl gave her the book of designs and she was selecting nd asked manik to select for her manik selected the design for her mhndi nd the girl applied it on her hands...

NANDINI: "how is it manik" showing her both hands
MANIK: "beautiful you know na I just love this churiyan and mehndi on your hands" he kissed her hands from the side not to spoil her mhndi nd she blushed..

Then she went towards the khussa  stall nd asked manik to select khusas for her nd manik did...she was so damn happy she never knew she can even enjoy without her friends there...
She liked some of them as she had mehndi on her hands so manik bend down sat on his knees and made her wear the khusas to check the size she liked a few of them so he bought her all she liked nd made her wear one of the pairs......everyone was looking at them probably recognizing manik nd he was well aware of all this but didn't care as it was her wish...few of the ladies even wished "khuda jodi salamat rkhy" but they decided not to respond

After they were done with all this they reached a food stall there nd nandini insisted to eat from there only so they ordered nd manik made her eat her food nd all the while nandini was just adoring this guy nd thinking how blessed she is...
NANDINI: "thankyou manik thankyou so muchhh"
MANIK: "thankyou for what?"
NANDINI: "for doing all this even though you dont like such places but still you came nd did all these things for me even though people were recognizing you..making me eat in public sitting on your knees nd making me wear shoes all this..."
MANIK: "as long as it makes you happy i dont care what whoever thinks nd yeah I dont like such places but I love mehndi these churiyan nd all in your hands"
Nandini was about to hug him but he held her arms
MANIK: "save this hug for another day your mehndi will be ruined"

____________________________________