24

THEO

Being sprawled along Nina's sofa while I waited for her was by far the best part of my day. Besides seeing her in the library—of course.

But there was just something about having food ready for her while I waited for her to get home and enjoy the meal I've prepared.

I looked forward to it—and glancing at my watch every two minutes was evident of that. I couldn't wait, and I was slowly running out of patience.

I just wanted to see her already, and be alone with her and give her the kiss I couldn't give her in the library. I wanted a hug too, and a damn kiss on the forehead like an infatuated fool. I didn't care. I longed for her presence. I also had a practical I needed to finish, and a cuddle from Nina would quite literally give me the inspiration I needed.

I don't know how I got anything done before her.

I sighed, resting the back of my head against the armrest of her comfortable couch. Everything in Nina's apartment was inviting. It smelled good. It felt homey. Her personality showed in the little decorations, and potted plants and scented candles.

I had taken it upon myself to add her favourite essential oil in the little diffuser she loved so dearly—hoping that I could lessen her stress from the day as soon as she stepped into that living room.

My eyes moved to her wall, smiling slightly when I saw the abstract art in glass casings. It wasn't my place but I didn't want to leave. How insane was that?

I looked around again, seeing my hoodie hanging on the coat rack next to her door. As if it was a necessity whenever she left home to step out into the cold. My smile widened, liking that she kept it and didn't care to give it back to me. She could have it.

I'd give her more if she wanted.

I don't know why I kept thinking of ways to keep her happy. It came naturally, and I was starting to scare myself with how fucking hard I was falling for her.

Everything was new territory, and I was loving every part of it.

I lifted my arm, gazing at my watch to see that it was officially two hours since I left her in that library. In those two hours, I went home and showered. Afterwards, I headed over to the store to grab a few ingredients and ended up making use of her kitchen to make her meal. Nina didn't mind. In fact, she encouraged it and said she'd clean up when she got home.

There was no way in hell.

I already tidied up her kitchen and put everything in their respective places.

All she had to do was get home and let me have her to myself.

Where is she? I questioned myself, pushing my lips together as I thought about calling her.

Just as I was about to reach for my phone, the handle of her door moved and I jumped up the second it opened. Nina pushed the door open, smiling at me and I couldn't resist my lips pulling up into a smile that matched hers.

She looked tired, but happy to see me and my heart warmed at how she looked at me.

Did she know that there was no view better than her pretty face?

"That was the longest two hours of my life," Nina murmured, dropping her bag onto the floor and I walked up to her as soon as she spread her arms for a hug. I grinned, reaching down to circle my arms around her waist as I pulled her body to me.

I breathed in deeply, basking in the smell of her hair and the feel of her warm skin against me.

Nina sighed, resting her head on my shoulder when she embraced me. She gave the best hugs. The type of hugs that drowned out the world. The type of hugs that no matter how innocent it was, it had me pulling my crotch away from her because I didn't want her to feel how damn easy I was.