28

NINA

Theo led me down to his studio, holding my hand as he guided me. With my eyes following him, I already knew what to expect of him when we entered a room that resembled a professional tattoo studio. It was hard to believe that Theo sat there, holding a machine to his own skin and giving himself the best art I'd ever seen.

It was...inspiring. To say the least.

"It's not much but it's clean. I promise," he assured me, opening up a small case and retrieving his glasses. A different pair. It still looked good on him when he pushed it onto his face, giving me a small smile when I smiled at him.

How could anyone be so fucking...beautiful? In his plain black t-shirt and the visible ink on his arms, I wanted to lay on that tattoo bed for a different reason.

I pushed those thoughts aside immediately, knowing that fucking in a place where hygiene was of the utmost importance was ridiculous. I think.

"I trust you," I murmured, gazing around the paintings on the wall. Theo had good taste. In everything.

"Good," he said, snapping the black latex gloves onto his hands. I was reminded of our first session together, and how it seemed to have happened ages ago. How did we go from that to...this?

I had no idea but I had no complaints, too.

"Have a seat, Nina," Theo instructed, turning around to rummage through a glass drawer. "I'll be with you in a second."

I did as I was told, seating myself on the chair while I observed the way he stared at the stencil. I frowned when he bit his lip. Why did he look so worried? He turned around, holding the tiny design and my eyes lowered to it.

The drawing was simple, but pretty and everything I had envisioned it would be. I grinned, nodding my head in approval and relief washed over his expression

Oh. He was worried.

"I love it," I blurted out, just for extra assurance. It looked like he needed it.

"Thank God," he whispered, sitting down next to me. "I thought I was going to have to try again."

"No need," I muttered, staring down at the stencil in his hand. Of course there was no need. Theo doubted himself way too much.

"It's perfect."

He smiled softly, giving me a quick peck on the cheek. "You're my favourite person. Thank you."

"I better be," I joked, narrowing my eyes at him in a playful manner. "And don't thank me. Get to moving, Theo. I miss you and we don't have all night."

He chuckled, nodding his head once before standing up. "Yes, ma'am."

"Stand for me," he said, hovering over me with his tall frame and I strained to look at him. "Please."

I stood up, paying no mind to how close we were. Now was not the time to think of anything remotely inappropriate. Get it together, Nina.

Taking a deep breath in, I tried not to think about the way he looked at me. Or the way his hand reached lower and caught the hem of my dress. Or the way he slowly slid it over my thighs and raised it to my hips.

My heart was racing, when it shouldn't have. We had been that close before. Hell, he had been inside of me. But there was something particularly different about it. I needed to get a grip on myself. Urgently.

"Want to take this off?" he asked, gesturing to my underwear.

It seemed like he was genuinely asking for the sake of my comfort. Any other scenario, and I would have left it on. But it was Theo. And the tattoo was going on my hip, anyway.