33

NINA

I stepped out of my last class for the day, feeling as if I was about to collapse at any second as I dragged my backpack over my shoulder.

Everything felt extra heavy today. Everything felt longer, too. My lower back ached, and the cold weather only managed to make it worse. I wanted nothing more than to lie down in a bed and forget that I was on my period.

Fucking period. At least it confirmed that my birth control did its job.

Imagine.

My body craved for a nap, preferably with Theo's warm body next to me. Where was he, anyway? I was stuck in a four hour lab, and had no communication with him throughout those four hours.

I wondered if he was still on campus. Probably not. I glanced at the watch on my wrist, seeing that Theo's last lecture ended almost two hours ago. I sighed, knowing that I'd have to get myself home even when it felt like death was knocking on my door.

Dramatic? Absolutely not. Everything ached and pained. Besides that, I was starving.

Deciding to stop wasting time, I closed the zip of my bag and walked through the hall. It was empty, aside from the students waiting to attend their night classes.

Rounding a corner, I stopped when I saw Sidney murmuring inaudibly. I narrowed my eyes, seeing the person she was having a conversation with.

Theo.

What the fuck? I waited, feeling myself grow fed up by the second. Why was she talking to him? Why was he talking to her? I couldn't see his face, but I could see hers.

A frown was between her brows as she listened, staring up at Theo through her lashes with an innocent expression that screamed manipulation.

I waited, but I could feel my blood boiling while my face remained neutral. I was already upset, and seeing Sidney in such close proximity with the man she wanted had me feeling as if I could rip her head off.

What was wrong with her? Not only was it fucked up, but it was embarrassing. So fucking embarrassing.

"But Theo—" she whined loudly, doing that annoying high pitched voice that could be heard from where I stood.

My hands clenched at my sides, witnessing Theo step back when she stepped closer.

"Stop," Theo snapped. "Stop whatever it is you're trying. It's not going to work."

Her face fell, and I saw the exact moment when she realised that Theo wanted nothing to do with her. She raised her hand, almost as if she wanted to touch his face.

He latched onto her wrist, throwing her arm away from him but I was so consumed by the blinding anger that I didn't notice my feet leading me to their spot.

"Don't try to touch me again," Theo said, his voice filled with an anger that I've never heard before. "Stay the fuck away from Nina, Sidney. Don't look at her. Don't talk to her. Do you understand?"

"Theo," she whined again, scowling up at him. "But I've seen the way you look at me. I've seen the way you look at Nina. Like you're—like you're scared of her. Right? You're scared of her, and that's why you're acting like this."

I'm going to smack the shit out of her.

"Oh my God," he groaned, his voice growing louder the closer I got. "What is wrong with you? I don't look at you in any way. You are delusional, okay? Delusional. That's all. I don't want you. I will never want you. I'm with Nina, and it's going to stay that way because I lo—"