1.2 Wildly Inappropriate

The girls and I sat on the floor in front of miss Abby and the chalk board.

"Last competition was rough, you guys got your buts kicked." Miss Abby says leaning on the board. "Here, in Pittsburg, you have won everything, but it's clearly a different story when you get on a plane and fly across the country. For years, I took the kids by myself, I made sure that there hair was right. I made sure the makeup was right, I put the head piece on"

I knew that was coming.

"All the mothers want to go now because, they are reliving their childhood through all of you. Miss Abby tells us. "That's when the trouble happens, I am the leader, I am the teacher. You do what I say. When your mothers telling you something else to do, that becomes a conflict. Do you understand that? Now, Nia, how do you think you did?" Miss Abby asks her.

"Well, I think we could have improved" she says shyly.

"What do you need to improve?" She asks her.

"Pointing my feet" she says smirking.

"Yeah, very sloppy, the feet, the legs, the shoulders, your arms. It's the same mistakes, over and over and over, and that pulls the group down. Chloe, the head band was bad, next time what are you gonna do?"

"Make sure my head piece stays on" she says.

"Could you have prevented that?" Miss Abby asked her. And she nodded her head.

Maddie
Paige, Chloe
Brooke, Nia, Kenzie, Kennedy

"The new number is called 'electricity'. Everybody say that." Which we did. "Maddie, because, you were great this weekend, you didn't give me any trouble, your mother didn't give me any trouble, your gonna be, in the front, in the centre at the beginning of the routine. Everybody's goal should be right here. Yes?" Miss Abby says referring to the top of the pyramid. "Okay, Maddie and Chloe you both will be doing a solo, and Mackenzie and Kennedy, you will be doing a duet."

Kenzie and I left the room to go to a different class because we were not in the group dance.

Kenzie and I were doing a duet at this competition but since we're only younger Miss Abby told us that we couldn't be in the group dance which was fine, we were dancing and in the 5-7 petite's.

Kenzie and I went to studio D where we were met with Chad who was gonna be helping choreograph our dance since Miss Abby and Gianna are doing the older girls.

We were doing a Jazz dance called "A little party" it was really fun to dance to, tomorrow we get to show it to Miss
Abby who corrects every imperfection.

***

Miss Abby has now got Kenzie and I doing a trio with someone else and her name is Vivi-Anne, as well as our duet. I'm not complaining though, now we get two dance's.