Prologue

Zayn's POV

As I walked through the forest with my father and my hunting rifle, I heard nothing but silence. Only the creek rushing beside us and the occasional snap of a branch under our feet.

"Zayn, I know you're still young and far from this happening, but I want you to know how things really work here." My father said quietly as he sat on a big bolder. My ten year old self climbed up to sit next to him and listen to what he had to say.

"Nothing in this world is good. Nothing happens the way they're supposed to happen. Everyone just follows what the government says in fear of them retaliating and doing what they did to us years ago. When you turn 18, you will be forced to marry someone you don't know. It might be a male or a female, but you most likely will not be marrying them out of love. But I'm letting you in on a secret, you don't have to do that. You can be the one to start a change, but it will cost you allot. I just want you to know, you have the power to fix this world." Once he finished, I looked at him in confusion of what exactly he ment. Then in one sentence he broke the illusion I had of this place I lived in. He took away the feeling of security I had, and replaced it with resentment towards this land and it's rulers.

"You're just a puppet to them. You're just another idiot for them to force into doing what they want. To them, you're nothing."

Niall's POV

"Niall, what are you always daydreaming about?" My mum asked me as she came and sat next to me on the window seal to my room. I looked at her and giggled into my small hands.

"A knight in shinning armor." I told her back. She smiled at looked at me, moving my brown hair to the side.

"What does he look like?" She asked me, still smiling at me like she really wanted to know. My blue eyes looked back out the window to the rolling hills of green grass outside our window.

"He has black hair and he has brown eyes. He's funny and he's really brave. He can fight anyone and save who he loves the most." I told her, feeling my heart pump with excitement about this knight I had created in my mind.

"Who does he love the most, Niall?" As I looked at my mum, she seemed to get a sad look on her face.

"He loves me, Mummy." I told her, hoping that would make her happy. Instead she just shook her head and pulled me to her chest.

"I'm sorry you'll never get him, baby." I didn't really understand what she ment by that. I will find my knight in shinning armor. He's our there, I know it. I may only be ten years old, but I knew he would be out there. He'll be everything I've ever dreamed of him being.

A/N: so this is my new story! I hope you've liked this so far because I've been waiting to write this for a while now. Yes it will be a M-preg but not like you're expecting it to be. The next chapter will be up later! Comment / Vote!
- Bri;)