Chapter 4

Niall's POV

Over the two weeks following the morning I woke up to the sound of some crying, the weather had gone from cold to colder. There was only a light dust of snow on the ground to show for the cold, other than that it was just cold outside.

I was trying to keep some warmth in my small bed, but I just couldn't. That lead to a sleepless night for me. I would look over at my parents in the moonlit room and saw how they were holding each other tightly, sharing their warmth. Part of me was tempted to climb in their bed with them like when I was little just to get some warmth back in my body. That idea was blown out the window as my eyes got heavy, despite the coldness I was feeling.

The sleep I was in only seemed to last a few minutes before all hell broke loose in my house. The sound of our door being broken down jolted everyone awake. My head wasn't fully awake and aware of what what happening, not until two officials were pulling me out of my bed.

"Mummy!" I screamed while kicking the men dressed in their all black officials uniform that were pulling me out of my room. My dad tried to get me out of their grip, but two more officials came and held both my parents back.

Hot tears slid down my cheeks as I screamed for my family to save me. I wasn't ready for this yet. The anticipation I had been feeling for all these months finally boiled over and now it was all happening.

The cold air hit me, causing me to only gasp and scream harder for my freedom. The officials drug me on the dirt roads, making comments about getting me to shut up. I sobbed as I tried to dig my heals into ground to stop me from moving. Of course, all 90 pounds of me was lifted into the air and carried off towards The Tower.

It seemed like it only took minutes before I was being carried through the front doors of the dreaded building. My sobs were now just whimpers, but I still tried to kick and squirm as much as I could in the holds of the men.

I was taken to a white walled secluded room that I was held in with a doctor and a single nurse. The nurse lady smiled at me lightly as she told me that I needed to strip down to my boxers so they could do a full body exam on me. She gave me a minute to calm my crying and breathing before I followed her instructions.

I laid back on a metal table in nothing but my boxers. My fingers played with a loose string on the material while I watched the doctor pull over some type of monitor over. He checked my reflexes and looked in my mouth for who knows what. There were swabs taken and my blood was drawn too. My body was scrubbed and parts of me got shaved. My hair was washed with special shampoo that killed lice, but there was a problem that occurred with that once it was rinsed.

"Oh my goodness... I'm so sorry." The nurse gasped after drying my hair. I figured I had bald spots now or something, but when she showed me the mirror I was shocked at the blonde hair that had now replaced my brown hair. The doctor that was setting up something else laughed and looked up at both of us.

"I think you might have used the hair dye instead of the shampoo. It looks good though." He said then told me to lay back. I was still in shock that so much had happened in this past hour that I just slowly laid back and spaced out for a minute. I was ripped out of my bed, turned blonde, got my man parts shaved and soon I'll be married.

Cold gel being squirt on my lower stomach made me jump from my thoughts. The doctor apologized quickly, then started running some type of thing over my stomach. There was some type of screen that was showing black and gray things on there that I didn't really understand. At one point the doctor turned the screen away from me and pressed a few buttons. I watched as a small smile lit up his face.

"We're done here. Just use these to wipe your stomach and you can get dressed in the new clothes we have for you here." I listened to him and wiped my stomach down, then put on a new pair of jeans that were black and very tight I also had a white cotton t-shirt and a pull over black tank flanal type thing. I slipped on a pair of all black shoes they had given me and went to look in the mirror at myself.