Chapter 7

Niall's POV

As days the days went on since Zayn and I had gotten married, we became much closer to each other. We were like air for the other. Without it, we were both lost and out of sorts. It was almost painful to be separated from each other during to day. It might have been because we're the only people we have to depend on or it might be the small feelings brewing in the pit of our hearts. Whatever it was, it made things more bearable.

I had seen my father two more times after Zayn brought him to our house that one day that was almost a month ago. Zayn would try to go to his home to check on his sisters, but he told me something weird was happening and he was constantly being watched by the officials. I told my dad to go make sure his sisters were fine and had food, which put Zayn's mind at rest for the most part.
Zayn seemed to always have this distant look in his eyes when he would look out the windows of our home or when we would go out into the Square. I worried that he was unhappy with our marriage, but he reassured me it was just his mind running wild sometimes. He seemed to have become quieter and less full of life like he was a month ago. He would joke with me about a few things or we would just have light hearted conversations, but it was like I was watching him mature years beyond his age everyday.

"Zayn?" I asked as I walked outside our house where he was sitting on the door step. He looked up at me as I sat next to him.

"You're going to catch a cold if you stay out here too long." He told me, taking off the thin black jacket he had on and placing it around my shoulders. I leaned my head on his broad shoulder, looking straight ahead into the dark forest.

"I miss being able to go hunting. I could hunt for hours and make good money off of the things I shot. It was the ony time I ever felt like I had the upper hand in my life." Zayn said quietly after a few minutes of silence. He wrapped his arm around me, placing the other hand on my knee.

"Go hunting after you get off work or on Saturdays when everyone gets the day off. If it made you happy, then do it." I told him, not really sure how the whole supportive husband comes in. Especially because I hate the thought of hunting. I know if I didn't get as hungry as I do, then I would probably not eat meat because I feel so bad for the poor animals.

"I don't have my hunting jacket and the side of the woods my rifle is hidden in is probably miles out. It would take too much time for me to get there to have the light of day to enjoy hunting. Also, I don't feel it's safe enough for me to go to the woods." He said sadly. I stayed quiet for a minute, but when I was about to offer for me to go get his things for him he gently kissed my lips.

We don't really kiss that much. The most touching we do is at night when we're using each other for warmth. Other than that, he just kisses my cheek or hand before going off to work or falling asleep. I wish we would kiss more. I wish we would do a few more things, but at the same time I still don't think I'm ready for more.

Zayn's lips moved slowly together with mine and his hand on my knee slid to my thigh that was bearly covered by my boxers. I shivered at the feeling, but Zayn took it differently because he stopped kissing me and pulled me to my feet.

We both went inside and got in bed, but I wasn't really ready to sleep even though it was probably some ungodly hour of the night. I was feeling a buzz going through my body right now from something and the only way to feel that more was Zayn.

After he laid down in bed, I hesitantly climbed on top of him with my legs on either side of his hips. He looked up at me, his strong hands gripping lightly on my hips. I leaned down and attached our lips in a slow, meaningful kiss. His hands slid up the inside of my shirt and up my back, leaving my skin on fire in his touch.