Chapter 16

Zayn's POV

My breath caught in my throat when Niall told me he was pregnant. We used a condom though, but I guess it broke and now we have a baby. I moved my hands from his stomach and wiped his eyes.

"You're not mad?" He asked me, sounding like he was really trying to hold himself together. I kissed his sweet lips and sighed while shaking my head.

"No, I'm not mad. We're both not ready for a baby right now. I made allot of messes today and now I'm scared because for the first time in my life, everything I do will matter more than ever. I'm scared nothing will change and this baby will grow up and be forced to marry someone or forced to be hungry. I'm scared, I'm not mad." I told him, my voice bearly even a whisper. Niall reached his arms and and I walked into them, holding his body close to mine and just bearly being able to feel our baby between us.

"We can do it." He whispered to me. I nodded and let myself fall apart for the first time in eight years. I held my husband and buried my face in his neck while I cried.

The fear of having a baby when we're only 18 years old is something I'll get over eventually, but the fear of having a baby in this forced world is something I'll never get over unless it changes. But now, I can't do anything. I put my life on the line today by standing there and pretty much asking to be shot. If that's how stupid I am everyday of this supposed rebellion, then I can't do it. I'm not going to leave Niall and my unborn child here alone. I won't put them through what my family went through.

"We'll be okay." Niall mumbled to me. I nodded because I knew we as a couple would be okay, but we as a country would  not.

"I have to get you both out of here." I told him, walking away from him while wiping my face. I'm a husband and a dad now, I have to pull myself together. Liam was wrong saying this isn't only about me anymore. I have a pregnant husband now, my main focus is going to be on my family.

"Zayn, we can't leave. Not with you doing this." Niall told me. I turned and saw both his hands on his stomach. I saw everything right there of why we need to leave. I'm not going to be here when people start getting beaten in the streets. I'm not going to be here with the two things I hold closest to my heart when there's most likely going to be an order for my death.

"I'll make you a deal. We can leave before you have the baby. I'll stay here and do what I need to do and you can wait patiently, but when this baby is coming; then we're leaving." I offered to him. Niall nodded, then reached out to me. I walked over to him and hesitantly placed my hands on his tiny baby belly.

I looked down at my hands and flattened the shirt he was wearing around his stomach so I could see the outline of the bump. Niall kissed my cheek, then rested his head on my shoulder while we both looked at the growing child.

"Why were you making your daddy so sick?" I asked the baby. Niall giggled and kissed my neck. I tried to pull his shirt up, but he stopped me and starting whining.

"Don't do that. Right now it doesn't look like a baby bump, it just looks like I attacked our refrigerator." Niall told me, making me laugh a little bit. I attached my lips to his and started kissing him.

I ran my hand from his stomach to his back while his tongue ran across my bottom lip. Our kiss became very heated, and very full of love. Niall gripped my bum in his hands which caused me to gasp a bit and kiss him harder. I bent a bit and picked him up, planning on carrying him to our bedroom, but my door was opened before I could get there.

"Well, I guess Zayn took the news well and got over the fact there's a rebellion going on outside his door." Louis said, causing me to break apart from Niall and look at him and Liam. Niall tried getting down from where I was holding him, but I didn't let him.