Chapter 15

Zayn's POV

"Niall, I'm really getting worried." I told him after he vomited for the second time this morning. He just started crying, but I would too if I hadn't been able to keep anything I ate down for two weeks now.

"Zayn, just hold me!" He cried to me after he let go of the toilet. I pulled him into my arms and held him tight to me while he cried for me to stay with him today.

"Zayn?" A female voice asked into our house. Niall started saying something through his tears, and clawing at my arms.

Sophia walked into the bathroom and I gave her a sad smile, holding Niall close to me. She sat down next to me, then ran a hand through Niall's hair that was almost completely brown now.

"You have to go to work, Zayn. I'll get Harry to come over and we'll look after him for you." I picked Niall up in my arms and took him to bed, but I felt like the worst husband in the world because I was going to leave him here sick. The whistle already blew a few minutes ago so I knew I didn't have any time left with him.

I looked down at his stomach after laying him on the bed and saw that it looked more rounded than it did the other day, but also because he wasn't wearing a shirt I could see how much weight he had lost being sick.

"I love you, Niall. I'm so sorry I have to leave." I whispered to him, kissed his forehead. He only continued to cry and hold my hand tighter, but I slipped my hand away from him and left the room before it became too much for me.

Sophia was sitting on a chair in the kitchen, but when she saw me walk out she gave me a reassuring smile before nodding me out of the door.

The whole way that I ran to work, I tried not to let myself break down like every part of my body was telling me to. I bit my lip so hard I tasted blood, but it was better than crying in front of all these men that seemed to go off everything I did.

"Is everything okay?" Liam asked me when I got in line behind him. I started biting on my nails so that I would have something to keep my mind off the fact I just left my crying, sick husband at home.

"Niall's still sick. Sophia is there with him and she said she would get Harry to go over too, but I'm just worried I'm going to loose him or something." I told Liam, blinking multiple times to keep the tears I was feeling in. I've been too stressed out these past few weeks and now with Niall being sick and loosing weight, it just adds more to the boiling emotions in me.

Liam didn't say anything after that, but I was glad because I don't want him to lie to me and tell me I won't loose Niall because I might if he's this sick. I don't want him to tell me anything other than the truth, and right now silence is a great answer.

We both got marked in then went to our station. I saw Bobby was already there and he looked at me with hopefully eye shut I just shook my head. He's been waiting to know if his son is any better, but the truth is that he isn't. Now he just looks thinner, but his stomach doesn't which scares me he has something really wrong with him.

The day started off pretty normal. I was back to shoveling coal with Liam, but he kept looking up at the officials every once in a while then looking at me. I caught on after a few glances and looked up to see the Main on the roof of the station just looking at me with a burning hatred in his eyes.

"The King Dove is ready." I heard a man below me with the wheelbarrow tell someone else. I just kept shoveling coal down to Bobby, but when he got told the same phrase, he set his work down and passed the word on.

"Shit." I heard Zayn say under his breath. I looked at him and saw he was looking up at the same spot, but this time the Main had his gun pointed right at Bobby; who was completely oblivious.