Chapter 16 Part 1- Let the Tour Begin

Terrant POV

‘I haven’t slept,’ Terrant sighed tiredly to himself as they approached the border of the Winters pack land. He was in meetings all night, setting up for the wolves that would eventually be sent to his pack and the females who signed up for military training. Any time that he had to himself he was researching all the books he had on rouges. He also had this inner anxiety to see Chris again, it was a risk to show her how extreme the traditionalist problem was in his pack, however, he was hopeful. He felt like he could trust her, in fact he felt like she could be an ally or even a friend...eventually.

‘Just glad that she stopped wearing that perfume.’ Terrant said to his wolf, who snorted with laughter. Terrant found that during their lunch he had no sneezing fits or overwhelming desire to rip off his face due to a sudden sneeze attack.

The front driver window went down and a uniformed border patrol asked their business in the Winters pack. Terrants driver talked with him and then pulled down Terrants window so the patrol could confirm it was him. He waved them along and they headed to pack city which was about 45 minutes from the border.

Terrant tried to get some much needed rest but thoughts and figures kept chasing around in his head, occasionally Chris would pop in there between other thoughts of pack related business.

His wolf smirked as he shook his head attempting to shake the thought of her. ‘She is very attractive. Not just physically, but in the way she presents herself. Would it be so bad-’

‘Yes it would.' Terrant snapped. 'So don’t even finish that sentence. Don’t make things more complicated by thinking we have some sort of right to ask anything of her in that fashion.’ His tone was so final, his wolf halted all conversation.

Terrant sighed again to himself. He felt the same as his wolf but he couldn’t entertain the idea, there were too many moving pieces, and he didn’t have control over the majority of them. He closed his eyes and attempted to rest while his driver and small entourage of vehicles continued to travel closer to Pack City.

Terrant felt the car slow down again and the driver's window went down. “Alpha, we are at Pack City.” Terrant lifted his head up as his window went down again to confirm his identity. The patrol nodded and the car was allowed to pass. Terrant immediately straightened in his seat and gasped. The last time he was there he went through the training grounds near the Pack house which didn’t allow him to see Pack City itself.

He didn’t realize that this was a full city, not town, not settlement, a city. The car passed buildings with businesses, restaurants, schools, apartment complexes, a hospital, and a college campus. As they got closer to the Pack house there were suburbs with parks, a community center, and convenience stores. If he didn’t know better he would have assumed they were driving through a human city. They hit the front driveway of the Pack house which had another patrol checking and directing all vehicles coming into the compound. Some vehicles in front of them appeared to be filled with soldiers who were told to follow a side road that went around the pack house.

The Patrol checked his clipboard and leaned down to hear Terrants driver advise that the next 4 vehicles were part of Alpha Terrants caravan. The Patrol looked in the back window and pointed his vehicle to go to the front entrance and the other vehicles to go to the back of the pack house.

Terrant’s car started up the drive and to the entrance of the mansion like pack house. An attendant opened Terrant’s door as they stopped at the front steps. Terrant stepped out and straightened his suit jacket looking up at the second story tiers. He kind of wished that Ian came with him, so he could see this, but he really needed him to continue to work the new policies at home. Also he was constantly teasing Terrant about Chris, which was irritating.