Chapter 16 Part 2:Let the Tour Begin-Hospital

Part 2: Let the tour Begin-Hospital

No one attacked them during the ride back through town to the large hospital building on the West side of town. Lane, who was a dark-haired female wolf in a green uniform, would add facts about the making of Pack City and the major buildings: the hospital, college, weapons center, and city hall.

Alpha Black was weirdly excited when the truck passed a Taco Bell and McDonalds. Lane explained that due to a very progressive relationship with humans a contract was able to be made for certain food franchises.

“But I thought humans weren’t allowed in Pack City?” Alpha Intent said, looking around for confirmation.

Lane looked confused. “Well, humans are allowed but they are humans who know and understand what this place is. Honestly there are not many humans in Pack City itself. The city has spells over it to discourage wandering humans.”

“Really?! How did you obtain these spells?” Alpha Amari asked.

Lane looked at Chris who shrugged before answering. “We have good relations with all creatures…. including those that do spells.”

Alpha Intent opened his mouth but before he could say anything, Alpha Black requested to stop at Taco Bell for lunch. There was a moan from a majority of the Alphas.

“We are not all getting Taco Bell.” Joseph said. “I would sooner walk than get back in this truck with all of you…. Even with its roof off.” Alpha Black shrugged and nodded in agreement.

Right then the trucks pulled into the Pack City ER parking lot and drove to the front entrance. It was the tallest building in the area with eight floors and mirrored glass covering the outside of the building. The east side of the building appeared to be connected to another building that looked to be part of the college. The sign above the main entrance had large words reading, Pack City Medical and Mental Health Center. All the Alpha’s exited the truck, some with amazed glances up at the hospital, some with curiosity, and others with irritation. Alpha Freeman muttered something quietly to Alpha Hunt who smirked before walking forward, his cane clicking on the pavement. Lane led all the Alpha’s into the front lobby with the second truck of Betas following behind them.

“Off to your right is the medical clinic, further down this hall is the mental health clinic and cafeteria, and off to the left is the emergency room.” Lane said, turning back to the group.

“Why would you need a full emergency room? Or even a medical center? I mean we are half humans, but we don’t need all the medical frills that a full human hospital does.” Alpha Gray chuckled, rolling his eyes and looking around for support.

“A mental clinic?” Alpha Freeman said, sarcasm in his voice. “You have such a problem with your pack members going mental?” He laughed out loud which was answered by a few laughs in the Beta crowd and Alpha Gray.

Alpha Black rolled his eyes. “Look, can we get through this tour without wanting to kill each other?” 

“How about everyone raises their hand if they want to say something sarcastic and Lane can call on you.” Called out Beta Black, smiling evilly at Alpha Gray.

Alpha Gray puffed up his chest and said, “We're not in school!  I assume part of this tour is to ask questions!”

“Your questions are rude!” Said Alpha Amari. “Give them a chance to answer before saying something else that’s condescending.”

“I actually have a question about mental health-” said Alpha Scott, and with that an argument was in full swing.

Terrant didn’t know what side to attempt to calm down first. Yet again, Alpha Hunt was fingering his cane and watching the argument unfold with amusement, adding a sneering comment here and there. Joseph was trying to separate Alpha Freeman and Alpha Amari simultaneously arguing with Alpha Gray.