Chapter 15 Part 1- I Haven't Slept

'I haven't slept,' Chris thought to herself as the morning rays illuminated her office. She picked up three of the contracts that were in a large pile on her desk, waiting to be destroyed. Reading the names Chessy Pot, Laura Pot and Samantha Pot... 'Ah yes those were the triplets who are currently serving in the special ops team' Chris thought smiling, her wolf purring in her chest. She sighed, then balled up the three contracts and without looking tossed them behind her to the awaiting fire. She felt the slight surge of energy and looked back down at the numerous documents that she needed to review and sign.

After returning from lunch at Alpha Terrant's pack, it had been a non-stop flurry of activity as her pack prepared to accept thousands of warriors and their Alphas the next day. At one point Chris thought she had finished everything that required her immediate attention and was in the process of preparing for bed at 2AM when she was informed that a large group of warriors from Alpha Hunt's pack had shown up at the southern border.

Chris signed her name on a few documents pulling them to the done pile as she remembered how incredibly annoyed she felt only a few hours ago. Hearing a hotty voice arguing with Garret on the phone; before she angrily pulled it to speak to the Captain of Alpha Hunt's warriors.

In a dangerously deep and calm voice Chris said. "You were scheduled to arrive at 7AM. Explain yourself Captain?"

The Captain already had a perfectly planned excuse. "There were too many of us travelling to your territory in a short amount of time. We figured if we came early and during the night we would limit any suspicion from our enemies and the humans." There was a slight pause where Chris could practically hear him smirk. "Why?.... Are you not prepared for us?"

The last question confirmed her suspicion.With great irritation her wolf growled, 'A test.... It was a test.'

"Of course we are prepared for your group." Chris growled back. "And since you were SO.... thoughtful.... to come early I will ensure that those pack members, who I now must wake up; will in turn train your troops and yourself to process the rest of your pack as they arrive this morning."

"What?!" The Captain seethed over the phone. "We are warriors! We don't do office work!"

Chris tsked. "You should have thought of that before coming to my pack early without a warning." She hung up the phone and sent a silent message to her border patrol to let the group through with a guide.

Garrett smirked as Chris handed back his phone and with gritted teeth said, "Wake them up.... Pay them overtime for the trouble. I'm going to go meet this... Captain."

Chris's meeting with the captain was brief. In the end, the Captain decided, after Garrett snarled at him, it was in their best interest to follow orders.

'We should sleep,' Chris's wolf said yawning loudly in her head.

'Stop you're making me more tired.' Chris said trying to focus on the supply request form. 'What time is it?' Chris said to her wolf as she pulled her phone out to check. 8:20AM. 'Their going to be here around 11AM.... Maybe I should sleep?... for an hour?'

A loud message rang through her head making her jump in her chair and whacking her knee on the underside of the desk. She unconsciously sent back a snarled response, as she rubbed her knee vigorously. Claire's response back was much quieter and more timid as she opened the door to peer inside.

"Sorry Claire." Chris said sorting the papers in front of her, trying to make it look orderly.

Claire smiled timidly as she stepped aside to reveal the High Priestess hooded in her simple blue and white robes. She stepped through the doorway a small nod to Claire before she shut the door behind her.