Chapter 8 Part 2 "Haven't you had enough"

They stared at each other, as Chris took time to digest the information. "So... it's been awhile... I mean since anyone has called a war council."

Joseph looked incredulously at Chris, "That's all you have to say?"

Chris shrugged, "What do you want me to say?"

Joseph rolled his eyes, "Would it help if I told you that this is your official invitation to the war council?"

Chris's brows furrowed as she looked at Joseph, she turned and sat up facing him. "So a bunch of male Alpha's are meeting to deal with the rogue threat, and you want me to come too? That will blow my cover."

"It is high time that is was blown. You can't keep this up forever, and you can't keep throwing blood pacts at everyone that you see. It is becoming harder and harder to keep your identity a secret. The effort to enforce those contracts is starting to show. You look exhausted."

Chris sighed as she stood up, walking toward the middle of the platform. Werewolves do not normally have magic that they are able to wield. The magic that they posses is in their blood and body which allows them to shift. The magic in their blood is what allows the blood pact to work.

In a normal blood pact there is the contractor and the contractee. The contractor is the one whose magic, in their blood, holds the blood pact in place. They are also the only one that can release the contractee from the terms of the blood pact. There are other kinds of blood pacts where both wolves become the contractor, those are only used between Alpha's when writing a treaty; if they wish to dissolve the treaty both must agree and release the contract together. At first when Chris decided to hide her identity using blood pacts, it worked great. However, the last 6 years her pack has grown exponentially which has increased the amount of contracts she has had to sign as a contractor. She could tell that she gets tired easier, and that she doesn't have as much strength as she used too. Chris has been trying to hide it from others, apparently the sparring this morning told Joseph more than she wanted him to know.

Joseph stood up too and walked over to her, standing just a few steps behind her, waiting patiently for her response.

"It's not safe to reveal my identity. Especially to a group of Alphas."

"It will never be completely safe. You are the first female Alpha, at least the first that I know of- No matter when you decide to share your identity there is going to be others who will push back."

"You don't understand," Chris said shaking her head.

"Maybe not completely but if you don't reveal yourself now. I guarantee that it will come out during this war. The blood pacts can only go so far."

"You don't understand..." She turned around to face Joseph, "what if it's safer for everyone to leave me alone?"

"What do you mean?"

"Trawley called me a few days ago."

"What!?"

"I don't know how he got my number, but now I am sure he is going to target me."

"Why didn't you tell me sooner? Any kind of contact with him I need to know about."

Chris sighed and shrugged; she looked up, examining Joseph's face, "I don't think I should join forces with any other packs."

Joseph's eyes narrowed and his jaw clenched in frustration. "That is just an excuse."

Chris folded her arms over her chest and glared back. "Whether it is or not, doesn't matter. I can take care of Trawley myself. I don't need anyone's help." She turned on her heel and started walking to one of the pulleys that will take her down to the forest floor.