Chapter 1

Makenzie Grace Buckley, the youngest of the Buckley siblings, was also born as a 'savior baby' for Daniel. However, just like with Buck, their plan didn't work out. When Makenzie was only a year old, her older brother passed away. As Phillip and Margaret mourned the death of their son, they distanced themselves from their remaining children, leaving them to fend for themselves.

When she was only ten years old, her sister left to move in with her boyfriend, leaving her with only her brother to lean on. Kenzie and Buck talked about everything together. Not a day went by that they didn't speak... Until he moved away. Being only thirteen and left to fend for herself left Kenzie prone to the backlash from their parents.

Once she reached eighteen, she too moved away from their parents, though she stayed in Hershey. She went through training to be a 9-1-1 dispatcher and quickly fell in love with the job. During this time she met Liam Carter, who soon after became more than just a friend. The two were polar opposites, but opposites attract, right? Their relationship went smoothly until the accident happened three years later. Kenzie had been informed by Maddie that Buck had been involved in an accident with the ladder truck. Even though the two hadn't spoken as much as they once did, Buck was still her best friend. Hearing that he had gotten hurt and she wasn't there killed her. She begged Liam to move out to LA with her, but he decided against it. They decided it was best to take a step back from their relationship.

After their amicable split, Kenzie made her way out to Los Angeles with nothing but a backpack. Maddie and Chimney were kind enough to let her stay with them until she could get settled. Eventually, she was able to save up enough to get an apartment of her own.

One day, the twenty-seven year old took a call that resulted in the dispatching of Station 118. It was then that Kenzie heard his sweet voice over the radio for the first time. He must be new... I haven't heard that voice before. Kenzie thought to herself.

"What was that, Cap?" the man's calm voice appeared again.

"Panikkar. Have you vented the roof?" Bobby's voice snapped Kenzie back into reality.

"Yes, sir." he said in a firm, yet calming tone.

"Is everything going alright there?" Kenzie asked. Panikkar... Definitely new. I haven't heard that name before.

"We're getting it done, dispatch." Eddie called over the radio.

"Thanks for your help." Bobby said before signing off the call.

"Panikkar." Kenzie mumbled to herself after the call had gone silent.

The rest of the day went by quickly, Kenzie taking call after call. All the while she couldn't stop thinking about his voice.