Chapter 7

May and Marina were the first of the group to arrive at the bowling alley. The lovebirds grabbed their shoes and picked a lane. "Where is everyone?" May asked looking down at the time on her phone, "I thought Albert said 6:30?"

    "He did. I'm sure they're coming... Probably just running late." Marina shrugged, lacing up her shoes. She stood up and walked over to the rack of bowling balls and picked out a bright green one.

    "Yeah, you're probably right." May sighed before going to grab a bowling ball herself. A few minutes later a familiar face walked into the bowling alley and picked up shoes from the counter.

    "Hi, Kenzie!" Marina smiled as Kenzie sat down at the table.

        "Hey, Marina." Kenzie said with a grin. She hadn't quite dressed for bowling... She was wearing a floral sundress and had her hair nicely curled, along with a full face of make up. Marina couldn't help but smirk.

        "Oh! Hey!" May walked back over with a pink bowling ball that she placed in the ball return next to Marina's. She too took notice of Kenzie's attire and gave Marina a knowing look.

        "I take it the guys aren't here yet?" Kenzie sat down and took off her shoes.

        "Actually looks like they just got here." May waved over to Albert and Ravi who were up at the front counter. They got their shoes and made their way over to the table.

        "Sophia isn't here yet?" Albert asked.

        "Who's Sophia?" Kenzie looked up at him.

        "My date." he smirked. Kenzie's face flushed. All of a sudden things started to click. Did Ravi invite me here on a date?

        "Well, she's not here, is she?" May joked, "No. She's not here yet."

        "Ravi, are you ok?" Kenzie asked, noticing that he has yet to say a word.

        "Me? Yeah. I'm fine." Ravi said with a gulp.

        "That didn't sound too convincing..." Kenzie looked at him suspiciously.

        "Pshhh. I'm fine." Ravi's voice cracked slightly as he spoke.

        "Ok, I'm going to tell you a secret." Kenzie smiled leaning over and cupping her hand around his ear, "I absolutely suck at bowling... Buck used to smoke me when we were kids."

        "Oh. Haha." he laughed awkwardly as another girl walked up to their table.

        "You must be Sophia! I'm Marina." Marina smiled and held out her hand.

        "I am! Nice to meet you." Sophia smiled.

        "Sophia, nice to see you." Albert said, offering her a hug. She smiled before sitting down to put on her shoes.

        "So... Weather's nice, huh?" Ravi looked over at Kenzie with a bead of sweat forming on his forehead.

        "Really Ravi? Come on. You gotta loosen up a bit... I'm not going to bite." Kenzie laughed, bumping into his shoulder.

    "Ok, so teams or individual?" Marina asked, walking up the the computer to put names in.

    "You might want to be on my team, because you know how competitive I can be." May winked over at her fiancée.

    "Definitely teams!" Albert chimed in.

    "I'm down for teams!" Kenzie said before turning to Ravi, "Ravi, do you want to be my partner?"

    "Oh... Uh... Yeah. Sure." Ravi gulped. He nodded before standing up, "I need to go get a ball."

    "Me too! I'll go with you." she followed after him.

    "Just so you guys know, everyone else is going down. Albert and I are going to take home the win." Sophia said, giving him a high-five.

    "What she said!" Albert smirked. Marina finished getting everything set up and they were off. A few frames in, May was on her phone, not paying attention, "May! Get off your phone! It's your turn!"

    "Coming!" May hopped up and grabbed her ball. She carefully lined herself up, practically gliding across the floor, and bowled a strike.

    "That's my fiancée!" Marina gave May a high-five as she sat down.

    "You know it." May smirked before kissing Marina's cheek. Sophia was up next, and she too went on to bowl a strike.

    "Oh, look. It's your turn, Kenzie." Ravi pointed up at the screen.

    "Oh. My bad." Kenzie looked up from her phone and set it down on the step next to where her and Ravi were sitting. She grabbed her ball and tried her best to like it up, but unfortunately the ball went straight for the gutter. She turned around, looking embarrassed.

    "It's ok! You'll get it next time." Ravi offered her a smile. She grinned before grabbing the ball again. This time getting four pins. As she came back to sit down, he gave her a high-five, his hand lingering on hers. Woah. What was that?