Chapter 6

A few weeks had gone by, and to Albert's dismay, Ravi had stayed true to what he said. It was obvious every time he overheard their conversations on the phone, or saw Ravi's face light up when he was texting her that they liked each other. Albert had behaved, though, and didn't use Kenzie's phone number to set something up between the two... However, he was getting pretty tired of Ravi pretending.

    "Albert?" May asked after answering his phone call.

    "Hey, May!" Albert said.

    "What's up?" May was a bit worried and that showed in her voice.

    "So I have a plan..." Albert sat down on the couch and propped his feet up on the coffee table, "You know how Ravi has a thing for Kenzie?"

    "Buckley?" May was confused, "No... I didn't, but go on."

    "Yes, Buckley... Anyways, he's scared of Buck so he won't talk to her about it. He's head over heels for her and he won't admit it... All they do is talk on the phone and text. But I have a plan to get them in the same place."

    "What is the plan, Albert?" May scoffed. He was really good at making short stories very long.

    "We should bring them out on a group date. Like bowling or something... I thought if you and Marina came and got Ravi to ask Kenzie, boom! They're in love."

    "I'm not quite sure that's how it works... Besides, who would your date be?"

    "I can find a date, don't worry about that..."

    "Alright..." May sighed, "Just let me know when. We will be there."

    "Thanks, May! You're the best." Albert said hanging up the phone. He got up off the couch and walked towards Ravi's room, "RAVIOLIIIIIIII!"

    "Can I help you?" Ravi said a minute later when he poked his head out of his door. He was half asleep.

    "May, Marina and I are going bowling tonight... You should come! And ask Kenzie." Albert smiled.

    "Why?" Ravi asked, not enthused.

    "Because it's fun to hang out with friends? You and Kenzie are friends, aren't you?" Albert smirked.

    "Yeah. We are." Ravi opened the door up the rest of the way and stepped into the door way, "Fine. I'll ask her."

    "Good." Albert leaned against the wall. He looked over at Ravi who was just standing there, "Well? Go ahead... Call her."

    "Will it make it so I can go back to sleep?" Ravi rolled his eyes. Albert nodded as Ravi pulled out his phone and called Kenzie, "Hey!... It was good, you?... Yeah... So, May, Marina, Albert and I are going bowling tonight... Do you want to come?... Ok, yeah... I'll see you there... Bye, Kenz."

    "Look at you go!" Albert playfully punched Ravi's arm.

    "Shut up." Ravi flipped Albert off as he sleepily walked back into his room and shut the door.