Chapter 5

"Wait... She's Buck's sister?" Albert said, unable to contain his laughter, "You have a crush on Buck's little sister?"

"Shut up." Ravi blushed, grabbing a bottle of water out of the fridge.

"I'm sorry dude, but that's just your luck." Albert said, hoisting himself up onto the counter.

"What's that supposed to mean?" Ravi crossed his arms, hoping for a decent answer.

"Listen, I'm not trying to be mean or condescending, but you've just had a lot of bad luck in your life." Albert leaned back, resting on his elbows, "Which is why you've never had a girlfriend."

"Thanks for reminding me. I really appreciate that." Ravi rolled his eyes and started to walk away.

"Hey, I didn't mean it as a bad thing." Albert stopped him.

"What part of that sounded good?" Ravi raised an eyebrow, "Because I sure didn't hear it."

"Well..." Albert said as Ravi's phone went off.

Ding!

"Is it her?" Albert ran over to look over Ravi's shoulder.

"Maybe it is." Ravi pulled away before Albert could see.

Kenz🦋: Hey!
Ravi🚨: Hey! What's up?
Kenz🦋: I was just bored at work and wanted to say hi.
Ravi🚨: Well then hi lol

    "It's gotta be her." Albert said, noticing the look on Ravi's face, "What are you going to do about the fact that she's Buck's sister?"

    "I'm not going to do anything. I'm going to be her friend." Ravi sighed, setting his phone down on the counter.

"You're not even going to go for it?" Albert prodded.

"No. I'm not... Buck scares me... And besides, I don't even know if she likes me like that."

"So, find out?" Albert said, "Come on, dude. You can't stay single for ever. Grow a pair and ask her out."

"Albert, I said no." Ravi started walking towards his room.

    "Fine... Whatever." Albert stayed back in the kitchen. Once he was sure that Ravi was in his room he unlocked Ravi's phone and forwarded himself Kenzie's phone number, making sure to delete the message on Ravi's end.

    "I forgot my phone." Ravi opened the door. Albert quickly pretended like he had just picked it up.

    "And I was just about to bring it to you." Albert smiled as he handed Ravi the phone.

    "Thanks...?" Ravi said with a questioning look. He turned back towards his room and disappeared for the rest of the night. Albert thought about texting Kenzie, but eventually decided against it. He didn't want his best friend to hate him.