Chapter 10

"How did it go?" Albert looked over from the couch as Ravi entered the apartment.

    "Shoot me. Please." Ravi said. He walked right past Albert and into his room. He practically face planted onto his bed.

    "Ravi? You ok, buddy?" Albert had followed him into his room.

    "Go away, Albert." Ravi said, his face buried in a pillow.

    "Wait... But things were going so well at the bowling alley?" Albert walked over and sat down on the bed next to Ravi.

    "Note to self, if you have a crush on someone, don't be alone with them or you'll say something stupid."

    "Isn't being alone with them how you generally tell someone you like them?"

    "How the hell would I know?" Ravi looked up briefly.

    "Good point... Anyways, what happened, dude?"

    "You know how I went over to watch a movie? Well, we did... Part of a movie at least... And I made some stupid comment about how she must've been cute as a kid and then about how I'm scared of Buck... And then she asked me what was wrong and I just caved. I told her everything."

    "Everything as in...?"

    "I told her that I like her." Ravi slowly sat up.

    "Ok. Did she say it back?" Albert was confused as to where the issue was here.

    "I don't know."

    "How do you not know?"

    "I left."

    "You left?" Albert's jaw dropped, "Dude. You told her you like her and then just up and left?"

    "...yeah..." Ravi hung his head down low.

    "Duuuuuude." Albert sighed, throwing his head back, "You can't do that."

    "Thanks. That's so helpful now."

    "You need to go talk to her." Albert shot him a look.

    "I can't, Albert. I can never show my face to her again."

Ding!

    "Are you going to check that?" Albert raised an eyebrow as Ravi ignored his phone.

Ding!

    "No." Ravi just shook his head.

Ding!

Ding!

Ding!

    "Why the hell not?" Albert asked, trying to reach for the phone, but Ravi pulled it out of his reach.

Ring! Ring!

    "I just don't want to Albert." Ravi said, turning his phone off.

    "Dude, this isn't going to help you in this situation at all. You need to talk to her."

    "Or I could just ignore her and hope we both just forget about what happened."

    "Sure, you could do that... But then what if she dispatches one of our calls again? Or what if you run into her in public?" Albert stood up, "You know, she is Buck's sister. It's likely that she'll start showing up to parties, just like Maddie does."

    "I can just hope and pray she doesn't. Now, can I go to sleep?" Ravi pleaded.

    "Fine. But this conversation isn't over." Albert squinted at him as he left the room.