Chapter 1

Lumine's POV:

"You're leg needs to up higher." Father instructed.
I straightened out and lifted my left leg higher. Aether keeping his pose around me.
"Good. Alright ready."
Father clicked the play button.
"And 1,2,3.."
I focused on the dance. Making sure my arms were elegant, and my legs were pointed and straight. Aether following my moves and following my spins and lifting me throughout the dance.
"Stop." He paused the music.
"That was good. Aether keep your shoulders back." He said.
He looked at the time.
"Alright, come on. It's time for dinner."
Aether and I exhaled. Relaxing our bodies. I slipped my pointe shoes off. Rubbing my sore feet. I slipped on my leg warmers over my leggings and a sweater over my camisole. Aether slipped of his ballet shoes and stretched out. We then caught up to our father.
"Are you guys excited for tomorrow?" He asked.
"I am!" I smiled.
"I think so?" Aether answered.
"Nervous?" He asked.
"Well everyone from high school I knew well is going to Liyue University. No one is going to the prestigious Abyss University." Aether sighed.
"Mmm. Social life is good but this University will be good for you two. They are known for the arts. And you two have quite the talent." He said.
I smiled as we walked to the dining room.
———
I looked in the mirror. I was wearing a light brown top, black leggings and a lighter brown cardigan over my top. White tennis shoes for comfort.
I look okay I think? I grabbed my school bag and walks downstairs.
"Aether!" I called.
"Mmm?" He looked up at me.
He looked so tired. His hair in a braid in the back, wearing black pants and beige colored t shirt. We had picked our outfits out the night before to match.
"Let's gooo!" I said as I picked up my purse.
"You haven't eaten yet.." aether glared.
"Oops! I got distracted!" I said as I set my purse down.
"Having a healthy diet is very important lumi." I turned and saw dad walk into the room.
"Sorry I'm just excited!" I said as I opened the fridge.
"I know, I worry for you two.. out there all alone.." he sighed.
"We aren't alone. We have each other, plus it's just like high school!" Aether smiled.
"We aren't living on campus! So you'll get to see us a lot still!" I hugged him.
"I know I know.. it's just hard seeing you two grow up.." he looked at us.
"You're being mushy again.." aether sighed.
"Aww papa!" I hugged him.
I finished making myself a granola yogurt bowl and then aether and I left for college. Aether liked driving so he would drive us every day.
"Which class is first?" Aether asked as we arrived to campus.
"I think calculus?" I said as I pulled out my phone.
I was indeed correct. Aether complained about having math first but we had to pay the campus a little extra to make sure we were in all the same classes. Papa didn't want us apart for a second if we didn't have to be.
But soon it was our break time. Aether and I made our way to the cafeteria.
"Dad texted me. He said he scheduled time for us in the theater her to practice our dance. Said he's in a meeting til late tonight.." aether said as he looked at his phone.
"Maybe that's why he insisted we kept spare ballet stuff here.. He never gives us a break! I want to go shopping!" I whined.
"You always want to go shopping.." he rolled his eyes.
"You enjoy it too!" I nudged him.
We ate lunch continued our classes. Which were fine. Our professors were nice for the most part. Then aether and I headed to our lockers to change into our ballet stuff. Off we went to the theater.
"Oh hello! You must be Aether and Lumine! You're father booked you the next two hours to practice! He sent us your song to play! Here is the remote! Just press this button to play, and this one to pause! To rewind it's this blue button!" A kind lady smiled at us.
"Thank you!" I smiled back and grabbed the remote from her.
First aether and I began to stretch, helping each other stretch as well. Flexibility was everything in ballet. Aether and I started young so our bodies were trained well for it. After stretching we then began our warm up exercises, we watched each other enough to help each other.
"Higher lumi!" He called out.
I reached my leg up higher as I spun around. Then finally it was time for the dance. Aether and I already had it memorize. But pracfice makes perfect. The music began and we both began our routine.
This song was about being pulled away from one another. A sad song but the last one we did was happy so it was a nice change of pace.
Both of us forgot to look at the time. Aether held me up above him when my eyes meet blue. Staring right at me.
Aether noticed I was distracted and put me down.
"That was almost perfect! What gives!" Aether huffed.
I pointed over to where I noticed 6 men.
"Oh shoot! We forgot to check the time!" Aether noticed.
"No worries! We came a bit early! Normally this time isn't booked! Are you guys freshmen?" An orange haired man asked.
"Yep!" Aether nodded.
Aether and I gathered our stuff and they began to set up. Music equipment was rolled out and I realized they were a band. We still had to stretch before leaving so we did off the stage as they finished setting up.
As we left I realized I left my phone back stage.
"Ugh aether we have to go back! I forgot my phone.." I sighed.
"You forget everything.." he laughed and we walked back.
This time hearing music. I tried to quickly run and grab my phone but I was mesmerized by his singing, by the bands song. It was a love song.
"Across the ocean~ Too cold for crashing waves~ Where time is frozen~ Waiting for you to say.."
I couldn't stop listening. The song ended after about two more minutes.
"Wow you guys are really good!" Aether spoke and it snapped me out of my trance.
"W-what are you doing here! This isn't a free concert!" I heard the drummer yell at aether.
"Found it! It fell under the table!" I lied as I ran to aether.
"Sorry! I just couldn't find my phone! We'll leave!" I said as I began to push aether out,
"You didn't have to be mean to them..." I heard one of them whisper.
"We have a concert this weekend! Come see us!"
I turned around to see the ginger waving to us.
I nodded and we left.
"M-maybe they are super popular... the drummer seemed so mad.." aether sighed.
"Probably, they sound amazing! We should see them this weekend!" I said.
"Sure! I'm sure we can figure it out on the internet!" Aether smiled.