Chapter 6

Lumine's POV:

If aether wasn't at ballet or school he was hanging with Xiao. It was frustrating. I was alone so much that I began hanging out with a guy Ayato.
He was child hood friends with Thoma. Ayato and I would study together and go out for boba tea often. I couldn't help but still be upset. As far as I knew though Childe didn't tell anyone or brag about the incident.
I knew he was looking for me though. Friends coming up and telling me to see him when I get the chance. But I never did.
"What's got you looking so upset? I assume it's not from the math homework." Ayato said as he placed his hand under my chin to make me look up at him.
"It's nothing just... Thinking of mistakes." I sighed.
"Oh?" He looked to me.
"I was kinda played by a boy that I really liked. Then I have my brother tickets to a concert of his crush and now those two are always together and I'm alone." I vented as I rubbed my temples
"Ahhh.." he nodded.
"I just.."
"Lumine!"
My head shot up and my eyes widened. I looked over to see him.
"Shit..." I whispered as I covered my face and looked down.
"That's was incredible timing.." ayato said.
"Lumine, I've been looking for you everywhere.. Please can we talk?" He asked.
"I assume this to be the for mentioned.." ayato looked at me.
I nodded.
"Childe really?" He asked.
"I-it's not what you think I promise!" Childe spoke.
"Yeah because I'm going to believe the words of a player." Ayato spoke.
"Player? I am anything but!" He looked genuinely offended.
"Is that why you played with her feelings?" Ayato asked.
"No I didn't I.. I got nervous."
My eyes shot up to his. Nervous? He was nervous? To kiss me?! Me? Oh my. I covered my face in embarrassment.
"I'll unblock you.. Just text me later... I need to finish studying." I mumbled.
He nodded at me quickly. He looked like a little boy, I could tell he was happy. The way he looked at me made my heart skip a beat. Dammit this boy has me completely screwed. I sighed and tried to continue my work.
"D-Dont judge me okay.." I sighed.
"You got it down bad.." Ayato looked at me shocked.
"I know I know... L-let's just get this done.." I sighed.
———

Ajax: Hey! Thanks for giving me another chance
Lumine: I'm still on the rocks about you.
Ajax: i feel like this shouldn't be said over text. Please let me talk to you
Lumine: can aether be there
Ajax: it would be embarrassing..
Lumine: fine. Okay
Ajax: so then when are you free
Lumine: right now
Ajax: right right now?
Lumine: right now.
Ajax: Okay I'll be there

I waited about thirty minutes til I heard a car. I rushed to the door, if anyone heard a knock they'd come out to see and that would make things worst! I quickly opened the door and pulled Ajax in. I put my finger over my mouth to tell him to be quiet. He nodded and I pulled him to the back of the house and the out to the backyard. We had a beautiful garden in the middle a dance platform. Father built it for me. I loved being outside and dancing. It was hidden so no one could see us.
"Okay... So what did you wanna talk about." I said.
"I wasn't trying to hurt you.. I got nervous. I like you Lumine. I like you a lot. I love your laugh, the way your not afraid to tease me or hit me. You treat me like a real person. I love watching your reactions, watching you.." he said looking into my eyes.
My face flushed bright red. I couldn't even say anything. He confessed? Is that what this is?
"But... A relationship isn't a good idea between us..." he looked away.
"Why not?" I asked.
He looked at me nervously like he was trying to figure out what to say.
"Why do you get to decide that? Have you even thought about my feelings? What if I don't like you back?" I was a little upset.
A relationship isn't good idea?!
"H-Huh?" He looked at me shocked.
"Go on. What's the reason." I asked.
"I-I really can't tell you." He sighed.
I looked away.
"You didn't like me back?" He asked.
"What does that matter." I rolled my eyes.
"I-it matters!" He said as his eyes sparkled but only for a moment.
"I like you. I liked you a lot." I turned away.
This hurts so bad. Why is he doing this to me.
"Happy now." I wrapped my arms around myself.
I bite my lip trying not to cry. I felt embarrassed and just sad. A whole confession scene just for him to say are relationship isn't a good idea? I felt him behind me.
"I don't want to hurt you but I promise being in a relationship with me will only bring you pain." He sighed.
"B-But why! I don't understand!" I almost yelled at him.
"I can't tell you." He was very stern on that.
"W-what if I don't care?" I said.
"You don't care that you don't know?" He said.
"I don't. It hasn't mattered til now."
"I-It will matter. It's not something you want to be involved with. You shouldn't even be slightly involved with me." He argued.
"Why? I don't care. What are you a criminal? A bad guy?" I asked.
"Im not a bad guy!" He raised his hands.
I looked at me not buying it.
"Okay I'm a little bit of a bad guy.." he chuckled.
"I don't care." I said.
"I-it's not safe for you." He argued.
"I can protect myself." I said.
He looked at me carefully.
"Can you fight?" He asked.
"Of course I can. Ballerinas have a lot of strength." I nodded.
"Then fight me." He got into a fight stance.
"Alright." I nodded.
"I promise I'll be gentle~" he smirked.
I bolted towards him. He was quick to react and he was behind me. He's going to try to grab me from behind. I dropped into the splits and used my legs to lick his legs out from under him. He was quick to realize and even though he fell he was quickly to turn and pin me only for me to hook my legs around him and flip him over. I was on top of him. It happened so fast but it felt longer. I panted and he looked up at me with a smirk.
"Well I didn't think you'd end up in my lap so fast~" he smirked as he sat up.
"I won."
"That you did... are you sure about this?" He asked.
"Will you never ever tell me?" I asked.
"I don't know. You shouldn't even be involved with me." He said.
"But what if I want to be involved with you. A relationship leads to more." I said.
"I know." He nodded.
"Then I want you to be mine." I said.
"Y-Your quite forward girlie.." he chuckled with a blush.
"Alright, then you'll have to be mine too... And I swear I'll do everything to protect you. I can't promise you won't be hurt.." he said.
"That's enough for me." I nodded.
He looked into my eyes. I looked at him the crickets could be heard. The end of summer night. It was still nice out.
"I think this is the part where you finally kiss me." I smiled.
"Yeah I think you're right.." he chuckled before placing his hand on my cheek and pulling me in.
I closed my eyes as we leaned in. Our lips meet and it felt so soft. He placed his hand on my waist and held me tightly in. I didn't make any moves to pull away. But eventually he did. I panted slightly as I looked at him. I felt dazed and honestly I felt a little dirty. I've never ever done anything like this. Not with any boy. I'm hiding in the garden kissing a boy. Oh my goodness!
"That's enough for now.." he softly patted my head.
"You should get going or my dad might come looking for me.. Go through that bush and then just climb over the wall. It's the one blind spot." I pointed and whispered.
He nodded and we got up.
"Goodnight princess~" he kissed my forehead and then ran off.
I quietly snuck back inside. I was so excited! I have a boyfriend! Oh my gosh a boyfriend! And I kissed him! I can't let this distract me though. I still beee to focus. What is it dangerous to date him though? And I need to fight? Maybe his families company is a shady business? I wonder...