Chapter 3

Lumine's POV:

Childe and I began texting. A lot. Then texting became late calls. He was always invested in me and soon my every thought was him.
"Got any plans tomorrow night?" He asked over the phone.
"Hmm I don't think so.." I answered.
"Then let's hang out!" He proposed.
I felt a little flushed.
"O-Okay!" I straightened up.
"Great! I'll text you details later!" He said.
"S-Sounds good!" Why am I so flustered it's just a hang out?!
"Okay, I got to get to bed girlie!"
"Oh goodness it's so late.. Me too! Goodnight!" I said goodbye.
"Night girlie!"
I hung up and I bolted to aether's room.
"Aether!" I barged in.
"You know there is this thing called knocking." He turned around in his chair, he looked to be doing homework.
"Whatever.. Childe asked me to hang out with him this Friday!" I giggled.
"L-like a date?.." he asked.
"I-I don't know.." I blushed.
"W-what's wrong?" I asked.
"Nothing nothing!" He smiled.
"Aether you're obviously upset..." I looked at him.
"I-it's nothing! Just had my eye on him, d-didn't realize you two got close so fast! But it's okay!" Aether smiled.
"Oh! Aether I don't have to go! Or maybe you can come with us? You can have him!" I said worried.
I'd choose his happiness over mine. I like Childe. I do I think he's cute and he's fun to talk to. Aether did think he was cute first.
"Lumi no! He obviously likes you! Truly it's okay! I just couldn't hide my emotions.." aether sighed.
"You sure?.." I asked.
"I'm positive lumi.." he got up and hugged me.
"If you say so.." I hugged him back.
———
Aethers POV:

Where the hell is it?!?
"Need help?" I heard a voice to the right of me.
"Oh no I- Oh it's you!" I smiled towards Xiao.
He had one headphone in, the other in his right hand. Wearing all black, he's always dress so cool.
"I just can't find this one book! Lumine sent me to get it for here.." I chuckled.
"What's the name of it?" He asked.
"Oh it's called Falling like pedals, it's a romance book.." I showed him the text he sent me.
"Well then you're in the wrong section." He pointed up and I saw that it said fiction.
My face flushed in embarrassment and I let out a nervous laugh.
"R-right! That would help!" I chuckled.
"Follow me." He spoke and I did.
"Right here." He had found it so fast, I was just an isle over.
"Thank you!" I smiled.
"Why are you here?" I asked.
"Looking for some books to inspire me for the next up coming song." He said.
"Oh wow really! You're the one who writes the lyrics?" I asked.
"Yeah, sometimes scara does. But mostly it's me." He said.
"That's awesome! I do a bit of poetry but I couldn't ever write a song! That's impressive!" I complimented him.
His eyes widened the smallest bit and he looked intrigued.
"Poetry? Do you publish it?" He asked.
"Oh no! I'm not that good.. I just keep a journal for it!" I said as I reached into my satchel school bag and took out my brown journal. I handed it to him. He opened and he looked genuinely interested in reading a few of them.
"You don't give yourself enough credit. These are good." He nodded to me.
My heart skipped a beat. I've never had anyone say they thought my poetry was good. Other then lumi who doesn't count.
"Actually, would you help me? I'm having a block. Zhongli encouraged me to try to seek out other forms to help me." Xiao always has such a calm deep voice.
There never seems to be much urgency in his voice. He seems to think before he speaks. I almost got lost in what he said to me. To focused on his voice.
"R-Really? I'd love to help you!" I smiled.
He looked at me and then quickly away.
"T-thank you.." he spoke quietly.
"Here." He dug into his pocket and handed me his phone.
"Put your number in." He said as I took it his phone,
I did adding my number in and my name.
"I have to head to class, but if you're free later.." he looked kinda shy talking to me.
"Yeah! I'm done with classes for the day. Text me when your done!" I smiled at him.
He nodded and left.
My heart was beating fast. I liked talking to him. I didn't think he'd talk to me again. He's pretty famous here. Sure we talked after one of his concerts but I thought he was just talking to me because he was bored. I'm glad he I can help him.
I checked out the book Lumine wanted. I guess he'll text me after class so I'll stick around campus. I did some of my homework in the library. I was right because two hours later I received a text from him.
He asked to meet at a cafe that was near by the library.
I made my way there and he was sitting down already.
"Xiao!" I smiled as I called to get his attention.
I walked to him and he smiled at me.
"Thanks for waiting for me." He nodded,
"Of course!"
We began talking about what type of song they were playing. It was one about being lonely. Quite a sad subject but I still enjoyed writing it and showing my poems to Xiao.
Even when we finished the rough draft we kept talking. And soon it was late and he began to walk me to my car. Still talking.
"I really only joined because of Zhongli. He's helped me through a lot." He spoke.
"So how come the song about loneliness?" I asked.
"Even when you have someone you know is there and loves you, it still feels lonely sometimes." Xiao answered.
I looked to him. He has so many fans though.
"Lumi.. Has found someone she likes. At first I was a bit upset about who it was but now.. I realized one day she'll find a man to marry and we won't be together all the time. I hate the idea of it. I've always known we wouldn't be living together forever but.."
"It's still scary." Xiao finished what I was saying,
"Yeah.." I nodded,
"How could anyone as bright as you be alone.." he looked at me.
"B-bright?" I chuckled.
"Yes. You're nice to be around." He said to me.
My face flushed.
I realized how quiet the night was. I looked away trying to not show my blush.
"I should let you go, thank you for helping me." He thanked me.
"Of course! If you need any more help let me know!" I smiled.
"You're so kind." He nodded.
And with that he began to leave. My heart was racing. He said I was bright..