Chapter 5

Aethers POV:

"Was it that bad?.." I rubbed her back.
"I feel humiliated." She was muffled by the pillow she was buried in.
"He.. he acted as if he was going to kiss me. He made me all nervous but then just.. opened the door and said I should go..." she cried into her pillow.
What a jerk.. I didn't expect him to be like that. He seemed like a nice guy. But I guess not all nice guys are doing it for the right reasons.
"I'm sorry Lumi.." he hugged me.
"H-he did give me these though.." she got up and held out two pieces of paper.
I was distracted by her mascara running. I hated seeing her like this.
"Tickets.. I'm not going to use them. But you can use them to see Xiao.. Maybe take a friend.." She said as she curled into her bed.
"Lumi.." I reached afor her.
"It's fine.. I just need a little time.." she said as she covered herself with a blanket.
"Alright.." I nodded and left her bedroom.
———
"Hey Aether!"
I looked over to see my new friend Keqing smiled.
"Hi!" I smiled.
"Where's Lumi?" She asked.
"I know so weird that we aren't together.. she's actually not feeling well today." I chuckled.
"Aww I'm sorry.." she said.
"Oh by the way! Do you know the band Triad?" I asked.
"I do actually.. I haven't gone to any of their concerts yet though." She answered.
"I got two tickets! Wanna go with me this weekend?" He asked.
"I'd love that." She nodded.
"Great! Let's meet at the festival!" I smiled.
———
"This festival is huge.." I said as I looked around.
To be honest I was a little nervous without lumi. She still was depressed. All she did was dance and homework. She finally came back to school. But she refuses to leave home. Today she's with father supposedly.
"You okay?" She asked.
"Yeah! Just not use to being out at events without lumi!" I chuckled.
"W-Well you have me.." she said.
"You're right! Let's go look around!"
We played the fun stall games, we won a few prizes! I made sure to get a cute bunny plush for Lumine. We also got to eat a lot of food! Then it was time for the concert!
He gave lumi good seats, we were up at the front. Xiao saw me and nodded to me. He acknowledged me even though he's on stage?!? Then music began and I realized I hadn't heard this song but I knew the lyrics.
It's the song we wrote together. My face flushed uncontrollably. I know it's a song about being lonely but still we wrote it together. The song ended.
"Thanks for coming guys! I hope you enjoyed our new song! Written by our drummer Xiao as usual, and Aether Viatrix!" Childe announced.
"You helped him write that?!?" Keqing looked at me.
"Y-Yeah.." I chuckled.

Childers POV:

I saw aether but the girl next to him wasn't Lumine. It was someone else. She's not here is she.. I knew I messed up. I'm such a coward.
———
Aethers POV:

"I'm so glad the song got approved by everyone!" I said as I hugged Xiao.
"M-Me too.." I felt him slowly wrap his arms around me but then they dropped.
"It was great seeing you guys perform again!" I smiled.
"I'm glad you could come! Where is Lumine?" Thoma asked.
"She's not feeling so great.. So she's at home." I said but I made sure to send a bit of a glare at Childe.
When he noticed I only put on a fake smile.
"What's she sick with?" Childe asked.
He looked genuinely worried.
"I hope she feels better." Zhongli nodded to me.
"Thanks! She'll be okay! I think she's just not having a fun end of summer!" I chuckled.
"Who's this? Your date?" Thoma asked.
"Oh no no! This is my friend keqing! Lumine gave me two tickets so we decided to come to the festival!" I smiled.
"I'm glad you could make it." Xiao said but looked away.
"Oh?" I heard Scaramouche giggle evilly.
"Oh shoot- Aether I need to get going!" Keqing said as she looked at the time.
"Want me to walk you out?" I asked.
"N-No that's okay! T-Thanks for inviting me!" She nodded before running off.
"Okay.." I waved.
"Well how perfect! Xiao is free now to walk around!" Scaramouche pushed xiao infront of me.
"Want to hang out?" I smiled.
"If you'd like." He nodded but again wouldn't look at me.
"Might have to hold his hand. He gets scared at big functions." Scaramouche smirked.
"Really? Even though you play in concerts?" I asked as I grabbed his hand.
"We'll that's okay! Let's go!" I pulled him along.
"I-I'm really fine." He spoke.
"You sure?" I asked.
He did look quite nervous.
"Yes." He nodded.
I smiled and let go of his hand. But then he grabbed it back.
"You don't have to let go." He looked away again.
My face flushed and my chest felt warm.
"O-Okay!" I nodded.
"The fireworks are gonna start soon! Why don't we find a good spot?" I asked.
"That's fine with me." He nodded.
"Great!"
We began looking around. Searching for a good spot until I found a a good spot. Right in front of a tree. But looking off to where the fire works shoot off. We got comfortable as we waited for the show to begin.
"I'm kinda sad summer is ending.." I sighed.
"You like summer?" He asked.
"Who doesn't! I just like the feeling, so much to do so many fun memories get made! I guess I always get a bit sad when the weather changes.." I sighed.
"There is quite a lot to do in fall." He said.
"You think so?"
"Mm. It's very popular to go to farms that have activities. There is a lot of festivals too." He said.
"That's true!" I smiled.
"And maybe I could occupy your time." He said as he looked over to the side at me.
His head resting on his knee that was pulled up close to his chest. I blushed before I could answer a loud boom. The first firework had gone off. Yet I didn't take my eyes off of his. He strained out and moved close to me.
His eyes were piercing into me. He was studying me, looking me over. I felt nervous until he pressed a kiss to my hand. I felt weak at that.
"I-I'd like for you to occupy my time!" I yelled over the fire world.
He nodded and grabbed onto my hand. We stayed like that for the rest of the firework show. Holding hands and leaned against each other. It felt like a magical moment. The beginning of something wonderful