Chapter 10

Sorry for the long hiatus! School and work has been busy! Getting ready for college next year is stressful lol!

Lumine's POV:

"He was acting super weird last night.. He kept asking if there was anything he could do for me. I mentioned that it did bug me that we couldn't go on dates.. But he kept saying "you can tell me anything" or "you can always talk to me." He was weird.." I explained.
"I don't know what you see in him..." ayato shook his head.
"H-he's not that bad is he?" Thoma nervously chuckled.
"He's insane." Diluc rolled his eyes.
"Oh also he said me going on friend dates is cheating? How is this cheating? You two are literally dating.. he mostly gets bugged when I talk about ayato or kaeya.." I sighed.
"Kaeya?" Diluc asked.
"Mm he sits by aether and I in our math class. We became friends recently! H-he's a little flirty but I think that's just his personality!" I chuckled.
They all looked at each other then me.
"I-I would stay away from kaeya.." Thoma said as he patted my shoulder.
"Huh why?" I asked.
"Let's just say he's not known for being..  good guy." Diluc said not looking at me.
"Oh.. That's unfortunate.." I said.
"W-well anyway! Lumine could you help us at our next event? We need someone to man the stall all day during the concert! Triad won't be able to be at the booth all day and I must be with them!" Thoma explained.
"Oh yeah! I can do that! When?" I asked.
"In two weeks! I'll text ya the details!" Thoma smiled.
———

It was a cool day. I could feel fall finally starting. I wore a long sleeve dark red shirt and a Triad t-shirt over top with a black skirt. I was currently in charge of the their booth. It was a local music festival. Show casing new bands, not as well known bands, and the last show of the night was a popular band. I assume to help bring people in. I was surpised on how many people bought triad merch even though they hadn't played yet. Although now they only have a minute or two left of their stage time.
"Hi! How are you guys today?" I smiled as three men approached the booth.
"Great! How are you?" One of the men got closer.
"So far so good! Have you three heard of triad?" I asked.
"We heard a bit of their music! We left early so we didn't get stuck in that crowd coming out!" The men with green eyes explained.
"Good to hear!" I smiled.
"We have plently of t-shirts still left but the hoodies are running out! If you want to see a certain size just let me know!" I smiled.
"Oh I'm not here for a t-shirt. Triad was good but what pulled me to this booth was you~" the man in the middle leaned over the table that divided us.
I was shocked almost too shocked to process what he said.
"How many times do I need to tell you not to scout like that.." the man next to him with classes offered me a business card.
"I'm sorry! It's nice to meet you! The names Alexsandr. We are from the Archon Company! Our Supervisor Raidan is quite interested in your looks! She wants you as a model for her clothing brand." He said.
"O-Oh! I'm flattered! B-but I do ballet and I'm in college right now.. So I'm not sure I'd have much time.." I chuckled.
"Oh it's not full time! A few gigs a month and you'll be paid generously for your time!" He smiled.
That does sound nice. Might make me more well known as a dancer as well.
"Don't feel rushed! This card has my cell number at the bottom! Give me a call if your interested or have any questions!" Alexandr smiled.
"Lumine?" I heard thoma.
"Oh! Sorry I must get back to work! Thank you!" I smiled and the three men nodded and left.
"What was that about?" Childe asked.
"It's an agency! Or maybe a fashion company? They said they wanted me to be a model!" I giggled and showed the business card.
Childe's eyes went wide and then showed the business card to the others.
"T-that's great Lumine!" Thoma chuckled.
"Modeling can be demanding though." Diluc said.
"Right! And they always care so much about weight and what you eat! That's not good for your health!" Childe said as he handed me the card back.
I took it back but when I grabbed it, it's like he forgot to let go.
"Guys I'm a ballerina. Nothings more demanding then the diet and schedule of that! Thanks for worrying for me though! He said it's only be a few times a month? So I might give him a call!" I smiled.
They all looked at me as of trying to say something but no one did. Scaramouche looked to me like he was warning but then scoffed and turned away.
"I'm going for something to drink." Scaramouche said.
How odd...
———
"I can't believe you for scouted!! I mean of course I can but I'm still so excited for you!" He said.
"A-Aether.." I chuckled.
He was currently driving me to the Archon main building. I was nervous. I was wearing the white dress Childe bought me when we hung out for the first time. Childe didn't seemed thrilled with me doing modeling. He'd act happy for me but I could tell he wasn't. He knows my interview is today.. so why isn't he texting or calling me or anything?
"We are here!" Aether parked the car.
"Can you come in with me just to the front desk?" I chuckled nervously.
"Of course!" Aether nodded.
And so we made our way to the entrance and at the front was Alexandr waiting for me.
"Oh and who this might be?" He shifted his eyes to aether.
"My twin brother! Sorry was a little nervous!" I chuckled.
"Oh no this is great news! Please accompany us! I know she's absolutely love you both!" He said.
I looked to aether. He looked to me as if asking it was okay. Always more worried about my feelings then his. I nodded with a smile. We followed Alexandr to a meeting room.
"She'll be in, in just a moment!" He smiled at left.
"Well that was a surprise.." aether chuckled.
"Mmm definitely! But what if we get to do modeling together!" I cheered.
The door clicked open and aether and I turned to a women with long purple hair.
"Welcome. Alexandr let me know that you have a twin." She spoke politely and calmly.
"Hello.." I nodded nervously.
"No need to be nervous. My scouts took interest on you and your physical appearance. You mentioned you do ballet?" She asked.
"Yes we both have since I was very young." I answered.
"I'm going to cut to the chase. You two look smart. I need under cover models. And after that I want to see how you do and then hire you as permanent.. agents." She said.
"Agents?" I asked.
"Yes. You see Archons is a cover company. A cover company for spies, and anything that need to be top secret and the government can't outwardly deal with." She spoke.
"S-Spies?!?" Aether said shocked.
"Yes. I know it's quite a lot to take in. Of course you'd need to pass a few tests first. Although tell anyone about this and.. let's just say you don't want to tell anyone." She smiled but it was a bit scary.
"So your recognized under the government? This isn't illegal?" I asked.
"Of course not. You'll be technically working under the government but that's top secret." She said.
"Is this a prank?" Aether asked.
"No." She spoke.
I looked to aether. I want to do it. Why not? It's a few times a month and it's to help people right? To spy on bad guys? Aether looked as if he understood everything I was thinking. He nodded to me.
"We'll do it!" I smiled.
"It's nice to see such bright faces. I will warn you. This is dangerous groups. You'll be undercover around dangerous people." She explained.
"We understand." Aether agreed.
"Alright. Then you'll be going to Venti's department. He will get you all set up and help with your trading and first few missions go. First a small amount of paper work though." She placed down two file folders.
"You'll be a great asset to us. Having twins both in on top secret information will be useful." She said.
———
Aether and I told we weren't allowed to tell anyone. Not even our parents. Well in our case, our father. She of course gave us more information and it was confusing ans surprising but after we passed some tests and signed some papers, we were accepted to start training.
"So I guess we can't tell our boyfriends huh?.." I asked.
"It feels weird.. Did we do the wrong thing? Maybe we shouldn't be involved in this.." aether askee.
"I don't think so. We could be helping people..." I smiled.
"You really want to do this?" Aether asked.
"I do. Even if I have to keep this from Childe. He has his fair share of secrets." I said.
"You're right. Let's do this." Aether nodded.