Part 21. Her True Task

TW!!! Talks of Suicide and Loss

*Y/n POV*

Without thinking you dive into the ice cold gray water that had recently held you captive. You swim into the depths of the lake to see Harry struggling against the mermaids. Both Gabrielle and Ron were free at this point. Floating just above their seaweed restraints that had been cut.

You look back towards Harry and swim towards him. You pull out your wand from the thigh holder you keep it in, and shoot a spell at them. It wasn't to harm them, it was more of a temporary blindness. They let go of Harry to shield their eyes. He looks at you and you nod your head towards Ron and Gabrielle. He nods his head and then pokes your chest, you then point at the on coming merpeople. He looks at you worried for a minute but then swims off. Grabs Ron and Gabrielle and heads towards the surface. You can see them make it to the back before you are grabbed by the leg.

You look towards it to see a mermaid who in your unprofessional opinion looked quite angry. You start kicking it off with your free leg, meanwhile you feel a sharp pain in your arm. Fucking Grindylows!

They were eating you. Like literally they started tearing off skin getting down to muscle. Another mermaid comes up and starts tying your free foot to a rope of seaweed. This was not how you were going to die! You refuse to die at the hand of these evil sea creatures.

You look for your wand. Its back in its holder if you move to get it the grindylows would surely rip your arms down to bone. You only have one option and it's not easy. Wandless and wordless magic. You close your eyes and think "Confringo"

One by one the grindylows explode, leaving large gaps and bite marks in your arms. Now just for the merbitches. There is currently just one dragging you down deeper, you look it directly in their eyes and think "Stupefy".Instantly the monster is launched away from you frozen in place. As soon as you see it stunned you start to cut the seaweed rope on your leg once free you start to swim upwards. Pushing as hard and going as fast as your shredded arms and scratched legs would take you. Finally you burst through and make your way to the deck.

Cedric immediately comes over to you pulling you up onto the deck.

"What the hell Y/N!" You look at him, "He needed help Cedric. I did what I had to."

"She's right without her, me, Ron, and Fleur's sister would be dead right now." Harry defends you.

"You could have died!" Cedric yells. He pulls you into a hug, getting himself wet again. "I could have lost you." He whispers in your ear. You think back to your mom. Cedric definitely got more of her features, yet even still almost everyone her age you ran into would bring up how you look exactly how she did at your age. She was always trying to find a new way to protect people. It was her life's Devotion that ended up driving her mad. She ended up taking her life a few months after the madness started. It was sad and scarring for you and Cedric to slowly watch her lose herself.

"You'll never lose me and I'll never lose you." You say pulling away.

"Promise?"

"Promise" you hold out your pinkie. He chuckles before locking your pinkies. You both stand up and a crowd starts to form around you two.

You were surrounded by people, each one talking a mile a minute. When suddenly you're pulled through the crowd. However no one seemed to notice as they were all focusing on Cedric anyway.You look up to see who your kidnapper is and see no one other than Fred Weasley.

"Can we talk?" you look up at him and become entranced like you have so many times before. Maybe it was the way that his chocolate brown color shows off the specks of gold perfectly. Or maybe it's because you can see the smallest bit of hunter green if you look closely enough. But it could also be the way they light up and get this little glint in them when he is looking at something special. Just like how they were now. Well it felt too short for you. It was only a few seconds before you shot back a response, "I would rather not."

    This phrase has become so true yet un-true in your life recently. There were a lot of things you would "Rather Not" Do recently. However a lot of things you wanted to do you turned down using this reason, Why? Well you don't know exactly. But you do know that now is one of those times.

You did want to talk to Fred, despritally actually. But you just wouldn't.

"Why not?" he asks, sadness clearly visible on his face. However the glint in his eye was still there. It was an unusual mix, his eyes told that he was truly happy at whatever he was looking at. However his face was upset and that was clear as day. Why do these two beautiful things tell such different stories? And why must they show on one extraordinary person?

A person who turned you world upside down just with the touch of their hand. A person whose laugh could light up a whole room, and smile could brighten anyone's day. Someone who always had the same mischievous smirk after they've done something they knew they shouldn't have. A person who never failed to bring a smile to your face without even trying.

"Because everytime we talk we cause more drama than it's worth." You speak before you can process it. He lets out a deep sigh before scratching the back of his neck. He takes a quick glance around the secluded area he had dragged you to.

"Ok you don't have to talk, just listen."

"Fred I-" you start trying to stop him.

"Shh" He says gently pressing his pointer finger against your lips. "Please just listen."

You stay quite dazed by his new attitude.

"I have almost lost you three times this year Y/N. and that is three times too many for me. And godric I don't even know what you do to me." he stopped to look into your eyes, which were staring into his eyes.

He gently grabbed your hands and let his eyes fall to them. Looking back up, his eyes gazed at your lips and back. You leaned in, pressed against his chest. You could feel the hot breath mingle between you two.

"Fred" You breathe out, 'We can't do this." You say your eyes closed.

"Then why haven't you pulled away?" He asked quietly.

"Because it's too enticing." You answer in the same tone.

"Now to Announce the overall points won in this task!" Just the thing you needed.

You both turn your heads to the noise.

"I should uh go, you know? To support my brother and all." You stutter, separating your bodies.

"Yeah go I need to find Georgie anyways." He says looking down. You feel a small smile play on your lips as you turn and run away. What you didn't see was him looking up and smiling at you.

In all the craziness of today you had failed to notice three things.

One. How you were able to stay underwater for so long.

Two. It's nearly impossible for a witch your age to perform wandless, wordless magic.

And three. All the scars that had been made by the sea creatures had managed to heal without a single scrape left before anyone could notice them.....