Part 25. The Hot News

"So what was it like being underwater that long?" That beetle rita skeeter asked.

"I told you I wasn't going to answer any questions last week!" You respond.

"Well you're the new hot thing darling. Everyone, especially my readers, want a piece of the life that lives in that little head of yours." She nipped her nails well; they were more like claws at you. You flinched back.

"Fuck you and your readers. I'm always the hot thing." You thought. Although what came out of your mouth was a lot more civil so you could say, you sat up straight as you spoke, " Well so sorry Rita you see I just don't want any straight out fucking lies about me out there for the world to read," your face turned very serious as you talked and you looked her dead in the eye. Your glare always scared people and Rita like the twins was no exception, "now if you dont mind i have an actual fucking life to get back to." You say as you get up.

"B-but wait at least stay for a few photos!" You closed the door on her before she could continue. "Scratch all of that out!" You heard her hiss to her enchanted quill before you left to get to transfiguration which you were now late for.

________

"What took you so long?" Hermione whispered to you after you successfully snuck into your seat. Or so you thought. You were about to answer when,

"Y/N Diggory," Mcgonagall stated turning toward you, you froze in your place, "What spell turns an object into a bird?" She asks, turning back to the chalkboard.

"The Avifors spell, professor." You answer.

"Correct! Now would you mind telling me the correct answer to why you are so late today?" She says turning back to stare at you.

"Sorry professor Rita Skeeter, the daily profits author held me back to interview me." You say meeting her eyes. She pursed her lips.

"Yes, well make sure I am aware if you will be late for more interviews." She turned back to the board.

"Yes professor." You respond by picking up your quill and keeping your head down. If this was any other professor's class you would have argued that it wasn't your fault. But since it was Mcgonagall you opted to stay quiet.

_____________

Eating . That's what you were doing when the beetle scurried back up to you and snached you away from your friends. You saw them glance at each other and look in your direction before you were fully pulled into the hallway.

"So what's the scoop?" Rita asked excitedly.

"Did this bitch not get the message?"

"what?" You asked

"With Mr tall and handsome over there." She said as she pointed towards Fred who you had been talking to prior. "I mean-" She cut herself off by making weird cat noises and clawing the air. Which honestly made you want to throw up on that disgusting outfit she was wearing.

"Fred?" You asked.

"Is that his name, and what's his last?" She continued to ask questions however you tuned her out. You hadn't been ignoring fred. You talked daily but never about what happened after the second task. Rita noticed you weren't paying attention to her so she stopped and stared at you. But you were looking at Fred and couldn't care less about what she thought.

"Well, are you going to answer my questions?" She asked, annoyed. "That's it!"

"Listen Rita I've tried to explain this to you in some of the nicest ways I can think of! But i dont care anymore, I do not want to be any where near your damn story that is full of fake facts and it is some of the most stupid shit i have ever read ok?! So leave me and all of my friends the fuck alone!" You yell at her as you storm off.

You sit next to your friends again. They looked at you but knew better than to talk to you when you were in a bad mood. You look back down at your plate and start to eat your lunch again. However the only thing you could think about was you and freds moment that came after the second task. Why had you never acted on that moment? Why didn't you bring it up again? Did he think of it as a mistake?

But the thing you didn't know was that Fred hadn't stopped thinking of that moment. The fact that he could feel your breath against his lips. You were pulled up to his chest. He could smell the Y/F/F chapstick you use. He knew it was chapstick because anything else dried your lips out "Too easily" You would say.

Just the mention of your name in conversations before bed would keep him awake for hours. Thinking about that moment and others. It was you. You drive him mad. Just know eating next to you. He noticed how your legs touched he didn't pull away and could only hope that if you noticed you wouldn't either.

He didn't bring up the task because he didn't want to scare you off. Plus you have a lot of stress on your hands with the last task coming up. He knew this and noticed so many other things about you that he hadn't before. Like how you rarely painted your nails and if you did you didnt care to remove it after it got chipped.

He noticed something about himself too, the way he cared about you hadn't suddenly changed when he saw you after the world cup. It had been silently sneaking up on him for years. How he didn't notice that when you smiled at him his heart raced or how when you laughed a bright blush would rise to his cheeks. How he never noticed these things he didn't know. But he did know he's felt this way for you a lot longer than he thought.