Chapter 29 - Princess

Author's Note: This chapter has a lot of what feels like pointless fluff. You're welcome. :D

~ Amina Gila

"Hold still!"

Anakin smirks at the exasperation in Ahsoka's voice, but only because he gave up half an hour ago on trying to get Omega dressed properly for the occasion and had Ahsoka take over. It's been over a week since Vader's public display in the Senate, and in that time, dozens of Senators have resigned, and even more have stepped forward with information about the corruption as well as plans for how they think it can be rooted out.

Two clumsy assassination attempts were launched against Vader as well, by disgruntled politicians, but they were foiled by the clones long before they ever got close to harming the Emperor. All in all, Anakin thinks that things are going quite smoothly.

And now, Vader – and he – discussed having a celebration or gala of some sort to loosen up the Senators and Jedi. Both of them are well aware that it's only a matter of time before the Jedi attempt something, and they want to be prepared by trying to uncover whatever they can of a potential timetable. The Force has revealed nothing since Vader's nightmare, but they're still on edge. After much deliberation they agreed that the next best move would be one involving Omega. Anakin is planning to officially adopt her, legally, and that will put her in the line for the throne. She'll be the crown princess of the Empire.

Really, they couldn't have chosen a better candidate. Omega is young, and she's so sweet and innocent. Charming. Anakin has no doubt that she'll easily win people over. And it helps that she has millions of protective brothers who would die for her. It'll make the clones more important, give them an actual voice, and that, coupled with the festivities of Omega assuming the role of Princess will be good for publicity. It's a calculated political move.

Clone Force 99, Rex, Cody, and Fox have all been put in charge of security at the event. They've invited a lot of people, and the gala will be held at one of the large Coruscanti halls near the Senate district. The Jedi were invited as well, though, and that's one thing Anakin isn't looking forward to. He and Ahsoka have been ardently avoiding discussing Obi-Wan's inevitable appearance. It... will not be easy to see him for either of them.

Omega squeals, twirling in a circle in front of the mirror. "I look amazing!" Her ankle-length dress – which is made of a blaster proof material, just in case – is a mesmerizing blend of burgundy, gold, and light blue. The colors layer together, giving Omega the appearance of royalty. She'll be a princess; she deserves the best they can give her – which is anything, given their office.

Anakin puts a hand on her shoulder to draw her attention, waiting until she faces him before slipping a necklace around her neck and fastening it. On Omega's insistence, it has an abstract 99, marking her as one of Clone Force 99. Ever since they met, they've been bonding rapidly. They balance each other, and it makes Anakin happy to see Omega so happy.

"Done," he proclaims, stepping back, catching her instinctively when she throws herself at him, hugging him tightly.

Unfortunately, given the formalness of the occasion, it means dressing up. Anakin hates dressing up. He always feels wrong and unworthy, but he'll suffer through it since Ahsoka is, too. As if reading his mind, the Togruta makes a face at him, tugging lightly on one of the thin gold chains adorning her lekku. She's dressed in a flowing dark blue gown, and she'd complained the entire time she was being fitted for it.

Anakin can relate. However, that didn't mean he didn't tease her about it.

He himself is wearing fancy, way-too-formal attire in black, but at least it's black.