CHAPTER 3.

Chapter 3.
London Lenae DiVincenzo

It's one thing getting in trouble with your parents behind closed doors, but it's another when they call a family meeting and the minute you walk in the door, you're met with the disappointed eyes of not only your parents but your aunts and uncles and grandpa Steve, and what doesn't make it any easier is that Deuce, Malachi, Riley, and DJ are just sitting on the couch with amused smiles on their faces.

Hate it here.

"Y'all wanna tell us why you were fighting in school?" Mom said, eying all of us.

Adrian sat down on the couch and simply opened his backpack, pulling out his textbook and notebook and began working on his homework as if we weren't getting scolded for being sent home for fighting.

"They was talking too much," Jelena said, plopping down on the couch beside Harmonie. "So we popped them in the mouth. Simple as that."

Juan shook his head. "How many times I gotta tell you to talk with your mouth and not your hands."

"It's a different situation when someone is putting they hands on you first, threatening your family and talking shit about your family." Adrian said with a shrug.

Juan looked over at Adrian, his eyebrows shooting up. "Excuse me? You wanna run that by me again?"

Adrian shrugged and went back to doing his work, unfazed by the weight of his fathers gaze. That's the thing about Adrian, he wasn't gonna repeat himself; not even to his parents. It wasn't a disrespect thing; it was more of a he didn't like to talk kind of person unless it was necessary. And I guess right now was one of those moments.

"Look, you always told us to fight for what we believe in, correct?" Canon asked, looking around the room.

Uncle Steph and Auntie Ishi nodded. "Correct."

"And we believed they was talking too much. Once you come for family it's like you just asking to get popped." Jelena said with a shrug.

My mother nodded her head and crossed her arms. She tilted her head looking at me and said, "Okay. And what am I hearing about you flirting with some boy named Mikey?"

What.The.Fuck.

"Who the hell is Mikey?" My dad asked, his head snapping up and his eyes wide.

"Yeah, who's that, Lolo?" Deuce smirked, waggling his eyebrows at me. Reaching back, I grabbed a pillow from off of the couch and threw it at him, hitting him in the head. "Ow! Damn."

I turned to my parents and shrugged. "He's helping me with my campaign..."

"Campaign for what?" My uncle Jordan asked, cocking an eyebrow.

Both my parents, and my uncles were on high alert right now. Leave it to them to get overprotective when the situation wasn't even that dire. In fact, it wasn't dire at all. To them it was because it was a boy involved; and God forbid any of us having our eyes on a guy and they find out, because from there, they're going to make it their business to go out of their way to make their lives a living hell.

They didn't care that the boy happened to be a sweetheart—unlike his wishy washy girlfriend—, extremely talented, smart, funny, caring, and compassionate. Not to mention he had the most beautiful pair of hazel eyes, an amazing smile, and—

I'm rambling aren't I?

"She thought it was a good idea to run for her class' president." Landon said with a roll of his eyes.

"Oh, that's amazing, Lo!" Riley said with a proud smile.
Malachi nodded, looking up from his phone. "That's dope as fuck, London."

"Than—."