CHAPTER 7.

Chapter 7.
London Lenae DiVincenzo

Finally, the school day ended—praise GOD—and I was more than ready to go to Auntie Asia and Uncle Juan's house, finish my homework, work on some things for my campaign, eat some of Auntie Ishi's cooking, go home to take a shower and GO.TO.BED.

But could I do that? Nope.

Sometimes I forget that I'm a student athlete. I had basketball practice today which meant two things: I didn't get to go home and go to bed, and that I had to face Jada, whom I had been avoiding all day long. The honorable mention is that us girls practice on one side of the gym while the boys practice on the other.

If I knew any better, I knew that Jada was going to act as if she hadn't been stabbing me in my back and twisting the knife multiple times again and again with no remorse whatsoever.

We were about an hour into practice when the boys got to take a break and sit down on the bleachers and actually watch us practice as we worked our butts off on the court. If it were one thing about Coach Taylor, she wasn't going to let us take a break; she was gonna make us run plays, scrimmage, and go over whatever it is that we lacked in from the start and finish of practice. It used to bother all of us, but, at this point, we're so used to it that we're practically robots.

Since we were scrimmaging in practice today, I rolled my shorts up and pulled my hair into a tight ponytail. Call it what you want, but when it's time to scrimmage, I don't think of it as simply a scrimmage and a way for us to practice, I think of it as an actual game and I put my all into it. Plus, I was beyond upset and this was the only way that I could release my anger for the day until I got home.

The problem was: I wasn't playing—I mean practicing my best today. I had too much on my mind, and my anger and my hurt was overwhelming to the point where I was allowing myself to make several little mistakes that I would've never made if I was in my right mind.

And now, I was starting to piss myself off.

"London," Jada shouted, clapping as we ran down the court as a way to tell me she wanted the ball. "I'm open!"

Rolling my eyes, I faked left and pushed past Zoey, and just as I was about to go up for the layup, Brianna bumped into me so hard that I fell and hit my knee, hard.

"Oh my gosh, London," Brianna exclaimed running over to help me up. "I'm so sorry! Are you okay?"

Groaning, I sat up and leaned against the wall, holding my knee and attempting to move it as I nodded my head. "Yeah, I'm good."

"London, what the hell!" Jada scolded me. "I told you to pass me the ball! Why didn't you—."

"Jada save that crap for someone who wants to hear it." I snapped, rolling my eyes at her and looking down at my knee.

Before Jada could say anything else, Canon and Mikey walked over with concerned looks on their faces. Mikey knelt down on the right side of me, while Canon knelt down in front of me and looked at my knee.

"I'm gonna try to move your knee, okay?" Canon said.

I nodded my head and watched as Canon slowly moved my leg in order to stretch my leg out and move my knee. I gritted my teeth as my fists clenched at my sides and tears filled my eyes at the feeling.

"Definitely a sprain." Canon said, giving me a sad smile. "It isn't major though; it's minor. Could take up to six weeks to heal."

"Six weeks?! So I'm benched for six weeks?" I exclaimed in shock.

Coach Taylor gave me a sad smile and nodded. "It's only six weeks, London. It'll fly by fast, I can promise you that."

"Whatever," I mumbled, forcing myself to stand up. "I want to go home."