CHAPTER 15.

DEUCE CHRISTOPHER TATUM

I had been sitting outside of my aunt and uncle's house for about 30 minutes to an hour waiting for Aunt Asia to come home. I knew that she gets off of work at 3:30 and usually gets home by 4:15 and it is now 4:10 so I was expecting her to come home in the next five minutes.

I knew that my aunt wasn't completely pleased with me at the moment, but I really needed someone to talk to—and I could talk to my dad or Amour about this because, well, it was about them.

Plus, I had to apologize to her and Uncle Juan about the entire Jelena dilemma that they had recently found out about.

At first I was going to go to Aunt Angel about it but, I remembered that she had went to Paris on business, Auntie Maria and Uncle Klay weren't back from their vacation yet, Auntie Sara was in New York with Kidd and Moody, Killian is in Detroit along with Aunt Tasia and James.

Basically, Aunt Asia was my only—and my scariest option.

When Aunt Asia's Porsche pulled into the driveway, I instantly stood up and tried my hardest to not look as scared as I actually was.

"Deuce?" Aunt Asia said, looking at me in confusion as she got out of her car.

"H-Hey, Auntie..." I said nervously, waving at her and shoving my hands into my pockets.

"Hey, what are you doing here? Don't you have class or something?" She asked, tilting her head to the side.

I nodded my head. "Yeah, but, uhm, it ended early and I kind of wanted to talk to you about something."

"Sure, what's up?" She said, sitting down beside me on the steps of the porch.

"Well, first off, I wanted to apologize for how you had to find out about the whole Jelena situation. We all held back a serious situation from you guys and it was wrong so, I apologize for that on behalf of all of us gremlins."

Asia grinned and nodded. "I accept your apology, but if you hide something like that again, I won't hesitate to get Juan on all of your asses."

"Noted." I chuckled. "The other thing is...what do you do when you're afraid of fully letting someone in because you've seen so many people walk out on you?"

Asia raised an eyebrow in confusion. "Where is this coming from, exactly?"

I shrugged and shook my head. "You can't tell them that I told you this, okay? Promise me..."

"Uh...okay." She said. "I promise."

"Amour and my dad have been arguing lately," I finally admitted. "I can tell she's getting sick of him. They've been on and off for years and my dad hasn't even brought up marriage or anything and I know Amour is tired of waiting around."

Asia nodded, "Okay...but, Deuce what does this have to do with you?"

"Because...what if she leaves him?" I mumbled, looking down at my feet. " What if she leaves him, finds someone new and starts a new life, a new family and forgets about me, just like everyone else has done when they've had enough of my dad's bullshit?"

Asia's eyes widened and she nodded her head, understanding what I meant and why I was feeling the way that I was feeling. She stayed silent for a moment while she figured out what to say and the right way to say it, while I stayed silent as well, just looking down at my shoes.

"Deuce, when you think of Amour...what's the first thing that comes to mind?" Asia finally asked me.

Good question...