CHAPTER 13.

LONDON LENAE DIVINCENZO

"Why not? Why can't we go see him?!" I shouted to my father, as my mother took his side.

"Because, why do you have a delinquent as a friend, London?! If he's been arrested then you need to go separate yourself from him!" My father replied calmly.

I scoffed and shook my head. "You don't even know him! Plus, Aunt Maria and Auntie Amour have been arrested several times and you still hang around them!"

"This ain't got shit to do with us." Aunt Maria said with a shake of her head.

Auntie Amour shrugged. "Eh. Kid's got a point."

"Amour hush," Dad said sternly. Turning to me he said, "I said no, and I meant it. Who is this Mikey kid anyways?"

Suddenly, I didn't have anything to say, because to me, it wasn't my fathers business who Mikey was in particular, and also, I didn't know what Mikey was to me anymore, I guess I can only blame that on the both of us honestly.

There was no communication between us whatsoever except for earlier when he yanked me into the janitors closet. I didn't know if we were friends or more, plus I also didn't know if I was ready for Mikey; he's been in countless relationships, has way more experience than I do, and I've never even had a boyfriend before. What if I just wasn't all that Mikey wanted—or even worse, what if Mikey wasn't all that I thought or wanted.

That's what scares me.

"Cat got your tongue?" My mother asked, tilting her head to the side.

Shrugging I crossed my arms and shook my head. "He's just my friend. That's it, and I need to go see him!"

"No, you don't," Mom said sternly. "Back me up here guys."

I turned to face my aunts and uncles, and they all turned their heads away, either scratching their necks or looking down at their phones or up at the ceiling as if to avoid the question.

"Look, Auntie," Jelena said standing up. "We're all friends with him, and honestly our whole friend group is going to see him. We all just wanna know what happened, and we all wanna go."

Canon nodded. "Yeah. If it's any better on your conscience, I could drive, because I'm on the team with Mikey. I wanna make sure he's okay."

"I think the think NOT!" Steph said with a shake of his head.

Asia shook her head. "Yeah, y'all are not going. If you guys wanna know what's happened with him getting arrested, you can find out tomorrow at school."

"What makes you think people will know at school?" Harmonie asked, crossing her arms.

"You're teenagers in high school," Klay chuckled. "All y'all do is spread gossip. It'll get around."

Rolling my eyes, I grabbed my phone and my house keys, then walked out of the house. I wasn't going to go see Mikey; that was one thing about me, I wasn't that type of kid who would just disobey their parents because I was upset about them not letting me do something. That would mean breaking their trust, and that's the last thing that I wanted to do.

I didn't know exactly where I was gonna go, so I just decided to walk around. It wasn't late, it was actually still early and I'm sure school was still going on. Checking the time on my Apple Watch, I saw that it was only 2:45 which meant school was out.

I didn't want to go back to the school, so I decided to just go to the McDonald's that was a few blocks away from my aunt and uncle's house. So I wouldn't get any texts or calls, I decided to also put my phone on Do Not Disturb and slid it into my back pocket.