CHAPTER 2

|FLASHBACKS/DREAM IN LAVINIA'S MEMEORY|

THIRD POV

"MOTHER! I WANT HER GONE; NOW SHE JUST RUINED MY DRESS!" A 4-year-old little girl cried to her mother about a small stain at the hem of her dress.

"Now don't cry, my little one; why don't you just change into another dress?" A woman with golden hair and blue eyes and an angelic voice said.

"No, I want this dress; you made this for me!" The young Lavinia cried loudly on her mother's lap.

"But I would still be happy if my Kaiya wore clean clothes to this party and behaved well." She reasons with the child.

"Fine, I'll change," she agreed.

"Grand Duchess, do you want me to help her change?" the duchess' personal maid asks.

"Thank you, May, but no need; I will do it myself. Come on, let's change."

As they walk through the halls of the Diamandis mansion, the young Lavinia keeps on looking at her mother.

"Do I look terrible? Is there something on my face? Why does my darling keep looking at me?" The mother asked the child.

"No, it's just that you're so beautiful," the child shyly admits.

too."Aww, Lavinia is very beautiful too and really cute! of all lands" she said as she picked up child "Oh, and heavy too Have you been eating a lot of sweets?" She asked.

"Yeah, and I'm sorry," Lavinia replied.

"Please don't be sorry; my Lavinia can eat anything she wants, but be careful or you might rot your teeth, alright?" The mother was reassured.

⁺‧₊˚♡˚₊‧⁺˖♡︎˖⁺‧₊˚♡˚₊‧⁺

The young 10-year-old Lavinia cried in her room wearing a black dress.

Her mother just died of an illness. The duke changed after his wife died. He was more stricter than before and colder; he barely went out of the mansion. Nothing in the mansion was the same as before; everything had changed.

Especially The young Lavinia, she was known to be crueler than before.

⁺‧₊˚♡˚₊‧⁺˖♡︎˖⁺‧₊˚♡˚₊‧⁺

Lavinia, now 13 years old, is with her two older brothers, Thomas and Oliver, and her father, at the imperial palace. It was the 1st prince's 16th birthday, so it was a grand party.

Normally, kids under 15 are not invited to any party at the imperial palace. However, the emperor personally wrote a letter to Lavinia and her father asking her to attend the party.

He thought perhaps the emperor just wanted to meet the moon's daughter and didn't think much of it.

Moon was the nickname used for the previous Duchess, and all the female family members in the past were called that because of an ancestor they had who was the moon goddess.

When they arrived at the palace, everyone turned their heads to Lavinia, and murmurs circulated.

"Isn't she the daughter of the moon?"

"I heard she has the moon's power."

"Isn't she still young to attend this kind of party?"

"She looks so beautiful."

"I heard she is very cruel to the people in the Dukes Mansion."

"I was told that every day the Duke hired different servants because she kept firing them."

All the things they said, she heard. but she didn't pay them any mind.

Before the party started, Lavinia and her father were requested for their presence by the emperor in a private room.

"Alexander! It's a pleasure meeting you again. How long has it been? A month?" The emperor greeted.

"Greetings to you, your majesty. Yes, it's been a month." The Duke replied. "And this is my daughter."

"Blessing and glory to the Ethermore Empire My name is Lavinia Soffie Diamondes, your majesty," Lavinia curtsied.

"Oh, you look just like your mother, so beautiful! and elegant," the emperor said.

"Thank you, your majesty."

"Nice meeting you, Lavinia; would you mind stepping outside first? I need to talk to your father for a bit," he asks.

"Of course, your majesty. Please excuse me." Lavinia replied

While Lavinia waits for them to finish talking, she looks around the hall, looking at the paintings she thought were gorgeous. As she is busy looking at the paintings, she doesn't notice the boy of her age who is looking at her.

The boy can't take his eyes off the beautiful girl when he's done admiring her beauty. He decides to leave but accidentally hits a statue sitting on a table, but luckily catches it before it hits the ground.

Startled Lavinia looked at him in surprise. "Who are you?" Lavinia asked.

"Oh, um, I'm Apollo," the boy replied.

"What are you doing?" she was about to ask why he was here when a woman in her late 30s interrupted.

"Prince! What are you doing here? You are not supposed to be here," she said.

"I want to talk to my father!" Apollo said.

"Prince that can wait in the morning, come now; if your brother or mother sees you here, you will be in deep trouble."

"Ok, fine," he said, and then turned to Lavinia. "Nice meeting you?"

"Lavinia, your highness," she finished.

"Lavinia, I hope I see you again. Goodbye."

"Goodbye, your highness."

After they left, the emperor's office door opened.

"Lavinia," her father started, "you will be engaged to the first prince," he fished.

⁺‧₊˚♡˚₊‧⁺˖♡︎˖⁺‧₊˚♡˚₊‧⁺

The next day of the prince's birthday and engagement party, the 1st prince invited Lavinia to have tea with him.

Lavinia sat opposite the prince as they had their tea. Lavinia kept talking to the prince while he was just nodding once in a while and secretly annoyed with her, but he didn't show it.

Lavinia was so happy when she got engaged to the prince. Prince Acacius wanted to be with her so he could have a family with a strong military to support him. He wanted to only use her for his own gain.

˚₊‧꒰ა ☆ ໒꒱ ‧₊˚

˙ᵕ˙Thank you for reading and please vote it incourage me to write

˙ᵕ˙Also, please tell me if i made a mistake. ˙ᵕ˙