CHAPTER 10

Third POV

Earlier

Fey hurriedly went back to the mansion to inform someone of the disappearance of Lady Diamandis. After she arrived at the mansion, she ran to the closes guard. "Sir, where is Mr. Whitlock?" she said hurriedly.

The guard looked at the panting Fey, who looked so scared, and asked, "Why? what's wrong?

"The Princess, she's missing; we lost her at the market," she said with tears in her eyes.

"Alright, calm down. I will go get some people to help look for her, and you go tell Mr. Whitlock. I think he's at his office or in his grace's office," the guard said, trying to calm the crying girl.

Fey nodded and ran inside to find Mr. Whitlock. It was not long before she saw the old man. "Mr. Whitlock!" Fey yelled to get his attention and ran towards him.

"Miss Watts, why are you running?" Whitlock asked

"Mr. Whitlock, the princess, we lost her!"

"You lost her; what do you mean?" He yelled with disbelief.

She vanished out of nowhere as we strolled through the bustling market." Fey sobbed.

He rushed to the Duke's study after hearing Fey's words. He knocked and awaited a response prior to entering, "Who is it?" The Duke asked from behind the door.

"It's me, your grace," he said with a voice that was shaking as he pushed open the door.

"What is it that you want?" With his eyes fixed on the paper he was writing, the duke asked in a monotone voice.

"Your grace, Lady Lavinia's servant, informed me that the lady is missing." 

The duke stopped what he was doing as his eyes widen as he looked up at the trembling butler with and abruptly stand up "What do you mean she's missing?" the duke shouted  

"Wel-" but before Whitlock could answer he was interrupted

"What are you still doing here gather all the Diamandis army and search for her, and ready my horse" This was the first time the Duke displayed any emotion other than boredom and anger in years 

As all those commotions were happening around the mansion, Thomas was in his study when a servant entered. "Lord Thomas, I just heard that the lady is missing!" The man blurted

Thomas eyes grew big as he abruptly stood up and ran out towards the stable, completely ignoring the man who was grooming his horse.

"Open the gate!" He yelled as he was speeding toward the gate. The guard didn't waste any time and opened the gate.

'What is wrong with you, Lavinia? Why do you always create issues and worry everyone? You never learn to listen to anyone's advice, so I have to cover up your mistakes most of the time so you won't get in trouble.' As Thomas rode his horse to the city market, he had many thoughts running through his mind, mostly worrying about his sister.

When he got to the market, there were some other Diamandis knights roaming around, trying to find the lady.

On the other hand, Riyu was a mess trying to look for the lady Diamandis, who seemed to have just vanished. He looked in every store, but there was no luck in finding her.

Present

After arriving at the market, Lavinia and Theodore walked around when suddenly Lavinia saw knights wearing the same uniform that Riyu was wearing. Not wanting to be seen by them, she put her hood back over her head.

Lavinia then drag Theodore away from the knights and enter a small store that is selling weapons. Looking around, Lavinia see a huge sword that is the same height as her. "Holy shit! Theo, look at this; it looks like Guts sword," Lavinia pointed out.

"Woah! That's one big sword, and who's Guts?" Theo asked, confused.

Before she could answer, someone interrupted. "That sword is made with enchanted obsidian and the blood of a dragon. It's not a good sword for fighting, despite its power. It's big and heavy, and you can't swing it at your enemies without getting hit by it, so unless you're really big and strong, it's pretty much useless," a man remarked. that looks like a worker here.

Lavinia was filled with wonder as she stared at the enormous sword and thought to herself, 'Dragons exist in this universe?!' Lavania slowly reach for her purse, which is full of coins, and look at the worker and ask, "How much?" 

"Just for you I will sell it to you for just 10 golds!"The worker said

Theodore, who was standing right next to Lavinia, whispered, "Kaori, that is too expensive for a useless sword."

The worker who heard it then said, "Alright, how about 5 gold? That's a reasonable price for a hude sword and free delivery to your home."

Without wasting another moment, Lavinia exclaimed, "I'll take it!" 

After that, Theodore and Lavinia continued their walk around the market, until they spotted a restaurant and entered it.

After half an hour of talking, Lavinnia and Theodore seemed unaware that someone had entered the building. 

After walking around for half an hour in the market, Thomas came across a restaurant, and through the window, he caught a glimpse of a very familiar golden-haired girl sitting with a man. Upon entering and walking toward them, he realized the man she was sitting with was Theodore.

"Lavinia!" Thomas called out

Lavinia turned her head to the caller, and her eyes widen when she realizes who it is. "Brother, what are you doing here?" she asks, standing up in surprise.

"What do you mean? What am I doing here? What are you doing here? Everyone has been looking for you." Thomas angrily said.

Before Lavinia could say anything, Thomas grabbed her by her hand and dragged her out of the restaurant, leaving Theodore.

Lavinia was led into a carriage, and when they both sat down, Thomas imedietly scolded her, "What were you thinking? Everyone was worried for you; all the Diamandis Knights were looking for you instead of doing their duty."

"Are you saying that it's not their duty to take care of me, your sister, a Diamandis?"

"No, that's not what I meant.... Never mind what I just said," he said, looking out the carriage window. After a while of silence, he continued, "I was just angry because I was concerned about you. Everyone was concerned about you. Heaven forbid someone will take you hostage for money, or you'll get hurt. Do not let this happen again. I could never forgive myself if something happened to you. I am the oldest brother, thus I have to take care of you and everyone. I have to take care of everyone it's my duty." 

Lavinia stared at Thomas and thought, 'This guy is trying so hard to appear as if he is only doing this for duty.' Lavinia smiled at him and said, "I am very sorry for worrying you, brother, and do not worry; I was in safe hands while I was lost. He's from the imperial palace; he helped a lot."

⋆୨୧˚‧꒰ა ☆ ໒꒱ ‧˚୨୧⋆

My second year is done and next month I will be in my last year of high school that means I have to look for what college I'm going. I hate growing up I wish I could just stay teen forever😢 

also the guy in the first chapter Tenosuke is Insignificant in the story he was just my crush in Jr. high lol I just want to write him cause i miss him