Chapter 30

They're giggling. The entire time they've been laughing with each other, saying the most ridiculous things.

I'm speeding down these halls as quickly as this cart can take us, as Dustin, Robin, and Steve are all piled in the back compartment. I took a sharp turn, causing them to all tumble.

"Woah!" Steve groaned. "Slow down, man!"

"Yeah what is this? The Indy-500?" Robin asked.

Steve shook his head, "It's the Indy-300."

"No, Dingus! It's 500!"

"300!"

"Let's say: A Million," Robin decided.

"PFFFFFFFFT!" they both laughed.

"Oh my god," Dustin groaned from between them.

"What is wrong with them?" Erica asked, having to yell over their echoing laughter.

I shook my head, "I don't know!"

"Y/N, watch out!" Erica yelled, and I slammed on the break. Not before hitting a few cans of fuel beside the entrance to the elevator.

Robin and Steve both slammed into the walls of the cart.

"You guys okay back there?" I asked.

"Just get me out of here!" Dustin said back.

"I'm sure they're fine," I laughed nervously to Erica. I pocketed the cart keys and we ran around to unlatch the door and let the three of them out. Dustin burst through first, wrestling away from Steve, who was hugging him. Robin and Steve slowly tumbled out and on to the floor after him.

"Come on, we've got to go now," Dustin said, snapping his fingers at the two. I handed him my keycard to open the doors.

"Let's go!" Erica yelled. I grabbed Steve and Robin by the arms and dragged them upwards. They both groaned unhelpfully, flopping their bodies. I carried a majority of their weight as I pulled them along and into the elevator.

"Ugh, this sucks," Steve whined as I pushed him inside.

"Yeahhhhh why are you guys being so mean?" Robin asked, crossing her arms.

"We're saving your lives!" Dustin scoffed as he shoved the keycard into the reader. A green light flashed and the elevator doors began to close.

"Oh. Weird," Robin shrugged.

"Heh, look Dustin," Steve chuckled while holding his arm out in front of him like El does, "I'm closing the door with the force."

"Oh my god me too!" Robin yelled, thrusting her hand out too.

"What the..." Dustin sighed, shaking his head. He slammed his hand on to the keypad, and the elevator began to move upwards.

"Woah!" Steve gasped, laying eyes on a red Dollie, and jumping on it. It lurched forward under his weight and the movement of the elevator, so Robin grabbed the handle of the Dollie to stabilize him.

"Hey!"Robin yelled, "It kind of looks like you're-"

"Surfing!" He finished for her, "Yeah! Check it out, I'm a natural!" Steve stuck his arms out like he was riding a massive wave.

They both fell into a fit of laughter.

"They seem drunk," Erica deadpanned.