Chapter 2: Night of the Comet

I open my eyes but it's still dark outside. I mentally groan as I get up to start my going back to bed ritual but I instantly feel like I'm being watched. I turn around and I nearly have a heart attack when I see hot guy sitting on my window sill.

'You do realise how creepy this is right? How did you even get up here' I ask him and he shrugs before jumping into my room. I don't know why but I'm not frightened.

'Well it's not that hard when your like me and it's not creepy because we know each other' he says

'Well, 'know' isn't the word I would use, how about acquaintances and what do you mean like you, do you have powers or something' I joke as hot guy approaches me.

'Maybe I do, do you want to see' he flirts, narrowing his eyes at me and I chuckle before I walk towards him and run my hands around to the back of his neck.

'Ok then show me your amazing pow-' I don't get to finish my sentence because his lips were now on mine. It feels euphoric and he was an amazing kisser. My knees go weak as we make out and it wasn't long before he had maneuvered me into the direction of my bed. I lay down and he's now hovering over me. We break apart and I smile up at him.

'Ok, I didn't think you power was kissing but your really good at it' I tell him, breathless and he smirks.

'That wasn't it'

'Well then show it to me' I say and then he changes.

My eyes widen and I let out a scream before I feel him bite into my neck and then all I can smell is blood as I feel my body get weaker and weaker and my screams quieter and quieter as he drinks from my neck

XXXXX

'AHHHHHH' I basically jump out of my bed almost drenched in sweat. My hand goes straight to my neck and I breath a sigh of relief when it feel's completely normal. My heart was still beating like crazy as if I actually was bitten by hot guy. My fear was then quickly replaced by confusion as I wonder why in the world I was dreaming about the hot guy from last night basically making out with me and then what seemed to be sucking the blood out of me at the same time. He was a vampire in my dream, a supernatural being that I haven't thought about since the scary stories I was told by my mum to Elena and I when we were younger to stop us from staying up late at night. Vampires were stories so why was I dreaming about an attractive stranger who turned into a vampire and basically killed me? And why did it feel so real? 

After a good couple of minutes I decided to finally get out of bed and get ready. I still found myself moving my hand to my neck to triple make sure that there was no blood. I grab my bag and throw open my door to come face to face with Aunt Jenna. She was looking at herself in the mirror and she turns to face me as I open my door,
'Do I look adult? As in respectfully parental?'
'Depends where you're going' I say
'Jeremy's parent-teacher conference. Hair up or down?' she asks me holding her hair up
'Sexy stewardess' Elena's voice interrupts us as she comes out of her room. Aunt Jenna then let's her hair go.
'Boozy housewife' Elena answers again.
'Up it is' Jenna decides
'You're feisty today' I point out my sister's interesting attitude.
'I feel good, which is rare. So I've decided to go with it. Fly free, walk on sunshine, and all that stuff' she tells us as I check Jeremy's room to see if he was awake.
'Where is Jeremy?' I ask
'He left early. Something about getting to wood shop early to finish a birdhouse' Jenna responds before pausing to think her words over
'There is no wood shop, is there?'
'No' Elena and I chorus with smiles on our faces.
'Yeah' Jenna sighs as the three of us head down the stairs.