Chapter 4: Family Ties

'To repeat, the animal terrorizing Mystic Falls has been caught' 

'Scum ball. Scum bucket' 

'Who are you talking to?' I ask Jenna as I head into the kitchen to make myself some tea. 

'Him. The news guy, also known as Logan "Scum" Fell. Did your mom ever tell you why I moved away from Mystic Falls?' Jenna asks and I let a gasp escape my mouth.

'Oh, no way. You and him?....I guess he's cute' I tell her before sitting down at the table.

'He is not cute. There's nothing cute about him' Jenna grumbles as my sister walks in with a box in her hand.

'What are you doing with that?' I ask my sister as she joins me at the head of the table.

'I went yesterday and got it from the safe deposit box. Mom had told Mrs. Lockwood she would loan it to the founder's council for their heritage display' she tells me as I grab out a wedding ring.

'Is that grandma  Beth's wedding ring?' Jenna asks 

'Originally it was great-Great-Grandma Mary's wedding ring' Elena says before Jeremy grabs the ring out of my hand.
'How much do you think this stuff is worth? You know, like on ebay?' he jokes and I chuckle 

'Your right Jeremy' I say

'Well, neither of you are gonna find out' Elena says snatching the ring out of our brothers hand

'Come on Elena that stuff is mom and dad's. You can't just give it away' I tell my sister 

'I'm not giving it away. It's called a loan, Gigi'

Ding Dong 

All of us turn our heads to the front door and Elena quickly answers it. When Stefan appears in the doorway we briefly make eye contact before he says hi to Elena. In response my sister drags him behind the wall and a moment later I hear them head upstairs. 

'Young love, I remember when I was like that, it's all well and good until they back stab you' Jenna mutters next to me

'Do you think they've had sex yet?' Jeremy asks and I hit his chest

'Jer, that's disgusting'

'What? It was a genuine question' Jeremy replies

'I hope not' Jenna mutters.

'Anyway, Georgia, are you taking me to the Grill or what?' Jeremy asks and I roll my eyes. 

'Don't get your pants in a twist Jeremy, I'm coming' I reply before grabbing my keys off the bench and heading out the door. 

The moment we arrive at the grill Jeremy heads to the bar, obviously to check out Vicki so I try to find a table but I catch Bonnie and Caroline sitting in a booth. Normally I would ignore them and sit by myself but after the game last night and my talk with Damon I needed to find out what was going on with the two of them. 

'Hey guys' I put on my sweetest tone of voice as I approach their booth.

'Oh hey Georgia, where's Elena?' Bonnie greets me 

'Off with Stefan, I was Jeremy's lift here' I motion to my brother who, to no surprise was talking to Vicki. 

'Well, sit down, we're just talking about how Caroline is taking Damon to the Founders party' Bonnie says as I sit down next to her. 

'What? Your taking Damon' 

'Why yes I am Georgia, you jealous or something' Caroline asks and I raise an eyebrow. Was I jealous, maybe....I don't know, Damon's hot and everything but I couldn't go after him, he was a vampire and even if he wasn't, he was definitely a bad boy physcopath, I wasn't going to open my heart to him.

'No....But what about your mom? Is she ok with you bringing Damon?' I ask trying to get the subject off Damon and I.

'And I'm supposed to care why?' Caroline asks

'He's older sexy danger guy' Bonnie adds 

'Older sexy danger guy? Is that an official witch twitter tweet?' Caroline snaps 

'No more witch jokes, ok? That whole Mr. Tanner prediction thing has me freaked' 

'Ok. And Damon's not dangerous. You know, he just has a lot of issues with his brother. You know, like major, deep-Rooted drama' Caroline says and I slightly nod my head.

'Like...?' Bonnie asks 

'I'm not really supposed to say anything' Caroline says and I lean forward.