Chapter 7: Haunted

'Where are you going?' I hear Elena say from downstairs as I shut my bedroom door behind me. I head downstairs to see Jeremy grabbing his phone and leaving his bag in the doorway
'Police station. They're organizing the search party for Vicky, so...'
'Wait. Shouldn't you be going to school?' Elena asks him as I reach the bottom
'What? You're kidding me, right?' Jeremy asks turning to me
'She isn't being serious is she?'
'You shouldn't skip school Jeremy. If they find her, we'll know' I tell my brother, I did agree with Elena on this one, considering that Vicki was now transitioning into a vampire
'That's what cellphones are for' Elena adds but Jeremy just rolls his eyes
'Yeah, you're lips keep movin'. I don't know why' he says rudely before heading out the door. Elena groans and grabs her keys.
'I'm going to Stefan's to find out what we are going to about Vicki, you want to come?' Elena asks and I nod my head, I could tell she was pissed.

We jumped in Elena's car and headed off to the Salvatore's. The whole ride we sat in silence, the fight we had last night still ringing in our minds. Once we get to the mansion I begin to get out of the car but Elena stops me.
'Before we go in..I'm....I'm sorry about last night, you made the right choice to not tell me, I just hated the fact that you kept it a secret from me so long, I could've helped'
'I know Lena and believe me, I wanted to tell you so many times but at first I wanted to expose them and then Stefan found out and we developed some sort of friendship and then well, you know the rest' I say turning to see my sister smile at me.
'I knew you would like Stefan eventually' she says and I chuckle
'Alright, you were right, now are we dealing with this or not' I laugh
'Oh yeah, let's go' she says and we both jump out and head to the front door. I want to go straight in but Elena grabs my shoulder and rings the doorbell.
'Just because we're mad at them doesn't mean we can just walk straight into their house uninvited'

'Yes I could've been naked' a voice adds as the door opens to reveal Damon
'But you wouldn't have minded that' he smirks and Elena rolls her eyes
'Is Stefan here?' she asks
'Yep!'
'Where is he?'
'And good morning to you, little miss " I'm on a mission"' Damon mocks Elena causing me to snigger
'How can you be so arrogant and glib after everything that you've done?'
'And how can you be so brave and stupid to call a vampire glib and arrogant?'
'If you wanted me dead, I'd be dead"
'Yes, you would"
'But I'm not"
'Yet' Damon finishes threateningly
'Where is Stefan?' I try asking Damon after the mini blow out they both had just then
'He's upstairs singing "the rain in Spain". Knock yourself out' Damon says stepping to the side briefly to let Elena through. She goes in and I follow her but Damon blocks my path.
'Sorry Gigi, you need a password to get in..I'll give you a hint, it's a compliment about my physic' Damon wiggles his eyebrows. I roll my eyes and duck under his arm to get inside.

'Where is Vicky?' I see Elena ask Stefan as he stood at the staircase
'She's upstairs'
'What happens now? Because my brother is out there searching for her with the rest of the town. What do I tell him?' Elena asks and as I look between the two of them I can sense something is off.
'I'm working with her, but it's gonna take time. She's a very volatile and impulsive personality. She's a drug user. I mean, all that's gonna play a part in how she responds to this'
'So, she's a vampire with issues? What am I supposed to do? Because I'm lying to everyone that I care about except my twin'
'What's gonna happen to her?' I interrupt, trying to stop my sister from lashing out
'I'm gonna keep her here with me until I know that she's safe'
'How long is that?' Vicki's voice interrupts us and we all turn to see her at the top of the stairs.
'We can talk about that later' Stefan says simply as Elena takes a deep breath in and offers a small smile. As if that was going to make her feel any better.
'Hey, Vicky, How are you?'
'How am I? You're kidding, right?' Vicki says rudely
'I need a drink' I announce, giving me an excuse to walk away. I head into the kitchen and start to make myself my favourite drink, hot chocolate. Coffee hasn't really been my thing, I'll drink it but if I had the option I'd prefer hot chocolate. As the kettle boils Elena soon arrives in the kitchen
'I can't believe Damon did this to-'
'Hey, what's going on with you and Stefan?' I change the subject, since I didn't really want to hear my sister rants both how bad he was. Immediately Elena tenses up and avoids my eyes.
'We're not together anymore' she tells me and I raise my eyebrows in shock as the kettle finishes
'What do you mean 'not together' I'm confused here'
'Basically I couldn't do the Twilight thing Georgia' Elena snaps and I raise my hands in surrender
'SORRY geez, ok, then why are you here'
'Because I'm worried for the safety of our friends and family, our brother is literally obsessed with that girl' Elena says while I finish making my drink.
'Oh god! Don't start with that whole 12 steps thing. School counselor has been down that road, and it doesn't work for me' we suddenly hear Vicki exclaim from the dinning room.
'She's dangerous, I don't know how long we are going to be able to keep Jere out of this' I mumble
'As long as we are here, there is no way JEREMY is going to get involved ok' Elena answers before leaving me in the kitchen. I roll my eyes, control freak.
By the time I finish my drink and head back into the kitchen I see Vicki holding her phone and Stefan was no where to be seen.