Chapter 17: Let the right one in

'I say we go to Pearl's, bust down the door, and annihilate the idiot that attacked us last night' Damon says and he hammers a piece of wood over the window that was broken from the attack the brothers experienced last night.

'Yeah. And then what? We turn to the rest of that house of vampires and say, "Oops. Sorry?"' Stefan says, knowing how stupid Damons plans were
'I can't believe you made a deal with her' Elena groans
'It was more like a helpful exchange of information. And it's not like a choice. She's... scary. Besides, she's gonna help me get Katherine back' Damon tells Elena and I roll my eyes.

'Of course she is. Damon gets what he wants, as usual. No matter who he hurts in the process' my sister says sarcastically. The two of them had been going at it since Elena and I walked through the door this morning and to me, it was getting old really quickly.

'You don't have to be snarky about it Elena' I voice my thoughts making my sister give me a look
'We woke up this morning to learn that all the vampires have been released from the tomb. I've earned snarky'
'How long are you going to blame me for turning your birth mother into a vampire?' Damon asks Elena
'I'm not blaming you, Damon. I've accepted the fact that you're a self-serving psychopath with no redeeming qualities' my sister snaps.
'Ouch' Damon replies, pretending to be offended
'Guys this isn't being productive' I step in looking at Stefan for help. He nods and looks at Damon who was sitting on the couch

'We're gonna figure out a way to deal with Pearl and the vampires. Yeah?' Stefan asks Damon who just gets out of the chair and walks towards me.
'I need to talk to you' Damon says, ignoring his brother and grabbing my arm. He drags me into the other room and I give him a confused look. He stops in front of a table and points to the pile of books I'd made last night.

'Care to explain?' he asks and I give him a look
'Its a pile of books' I state the obvious
'Don't play dumb with me Gigi, why were you looking at the supernatural folklore books when you were here yesterday?' he pushes further and I cross my arms
'And why is that your business Damon?' I ask
'Because its my house, I should know what stuff goes on in it'
'This has nothing to do with the house, I was just looking for information'
'On what?'
'Why is this your business?'
'I'm a vampire Gigi, everything supernatural is my buisness'
'That doesn't make sense at all'

Damon doesn't respond to my statement, instead he grabs the first book and begins to flip through the pages in complete silence. After a moment I realise he wasn't going to speak unless I told him.

'You don't need to worry Damon, its nothing that will effect you' I tell him and Damon stops flipping through the pages.
'How do I know you're telling the truth?' he asks, pushing me further so I decide to get him off my back.
'I was looking for information on vampires in the early days, see if there was anything I could learn' I lie and Damon raises his eyebrow looking like he wasn't going to believe me but after a moment he shuts the book and puts it back on the table.

'You could've just asked Stefan and I, we are them you know'
'Yeah I know, I just....didn't want to be embarrassed about it' I come up with a random excuse, looking at the ground to play it up. Damon seemed to buy it as he but his hands on my arms
'Never feel embarrassed about something like that Gigi, I promise we won't judge' Damon tells me and I look up at the vampire and smile
'Thanks' I say happily, knowing that I got the older brother off my back.

Elena and I left the Salvatores house and headed home. Once we got there I chilled on the couch and started to take a nap.

'Georgia' Elena's voice echos behind me and I groan
'What?'
'Can you take the bin out, its full' she tells me and I groan a second time
'Why?'
'Because you are lying on the couch doing nothing while I'm trying to clean my room' Elena says and I groan a third time before rolling my body off the couch and head into the kitchen to get the bag.