Chapter 3: A traveler's tale. (not the game company)

Y/n pov:

It's been a few days since I beat team CRDL. Good news! My room is right next door to Team RWBY! Pranks galore!

 Looks like those racist bozos from before heeded my previous warning. Good. Right now, I'm sitting out in the courtyard...  reflecting...

Y/n: I should've just left the crown alone... Heh, how foolish can one person possibly be?

Suddenly, I'm brought out of my self-loathing by Ruby. How long has she been sitting there for?

Ruby: Hey, are you okay? We've been worrying about you. Especially Blake...

I know that tone. I smell jealousy. But why would Ruby be jealous of...

Oh. That makes sense. Crushing on an alien midget with ptsd and confidence issues. You know, normal stuff.

Y/n: Yeah, I'm fine (that's a lie. I can feel my mind tearing its self asunder).

Ruby doesn't look convinced... Huh, she's smart for a red Kirby impersonator.

Ruby: Y/n, look at me. I may be younger than everyone else here, but I can tell when someone's sad. Please. Talk to us. Or at the very least, to me.

Y/n: Fine, I'll tell you. But you have to PROMISE not to tell the others until I'm ready. Got that?

Ruby: I promise.

I was hoping I wouldn't have to open this can of worms so soon...

Y/n: Alright. As I'm sure Blake told you, I'm not from this dimension. I'm from a world called... Halcandra

<Flashback>

I had just acquired a mighty starship, The Lor Starcutter and was going to take an ancient artifact from a four-headed dragon, Landia. Unfortunately, I lost the battle and had to retreat to another world... The Lor sustained heavy damage during my escape. The worlds's name?

Planet Popstar

A/n: Anyone else notice how Dedede's running is almost perfectly timed to the music, or is it just me?

I made four acquaintances not unlike you and the rest of Team RWBY: The cheerful beacon of hope: Kirby, The Self-proclaimed king with an ego problem: King Dedede, The dark, stoic warrior: Meta Knight, and the big-hearted spear wielder: Bandanna Waddle Dee.

They, led by Kirby, aided me by finding and bringing back all one hundred and twenty of the Lor's "Energy Spheres", the parts needed for it to function properly. As thanks, I took them on a trip to Halcandra. Landia was still mad at me, though and shot us down as we were entering the atmosphere. 

After kirby defeated Landia...

A/n: watch up to 1: 34

I betrayed them... out of greed... and payed the price...

A/n: For context, his normal form still looks like you, plus the outfit. But his Soul form looks just like it does in the game.

That blasted crown had worked its roots so far into my brain, I lost control. It was then I realized how stupid I had been. No one can hope to both use and control that level of power.

All I could do was cry for help as my body and mind were fractured by The Master Crown...

When Kirby finally defeated me, both I and the crown were sucked into a dimensional rift...

I felt all of my magic leave my body in an instant... And then I woke up in the Emerald Forest...

<Flashback over>

Y/n: If you hate me for what I've done, I understand... Who wouldn't after all that...

Ruby grabs me by the shoulders, tears streaming down her face. This has to be the first time I've seen her this upset...

Ruby: DON'T YOU DARE SAY THAT ABOUT YOURSELF!!! YOU MAY HAVE DONE BAD THINGS, BUT YOU'RE NOT A BAD PERSON!!! 

She then hugs me VERY tightly, burying her head in my shoulder. Which is awkward, if you consider my stature. It's more like she's holding a large teddy bear than anything.

Ruby: Please...

Y/n *slowly turning purple*: Can't... Breathe...

Ruby: *lets go* oh, sorry. hehehehe.

Y/n: Now I see why you and Yang are siblings... Wanna go get some snacks?

Ruby: Only if you're buying! Race you!!!

<meanwhile in the Dark Lands>

Third person pov:

A mass of golden pieces comes crashing down next to an old castle-like structure. Its presence immediately alerts none other than the Grimm Queen herself... Salem!

Clearly, whatever this was, it held immense magical power

Clearly, whatever this was, it held immense magical power. And if there's immense magical power, Salem will take it. By ANY means necessary. After all, getting revenge on your former lover means not leaving any hope for them. Salem would know, being a professional in that field.

Salem: Well, what do we have here? A fifth relic? No, your design is too intricate for those false gods to have made... So what are you?

In response, the fragments glow a faint crimson-purple, seemingly reacting to the dark energy that taints the very land around it...

A/n: Well, that went from zero to a hundred real quick. For anyone else that's disappointed in how Rooster Teeth carried out the RWBY Volumes after 3. Don't worry, I have a plan! What it is, however... you'll just have to wait and see.

See ya!