Chapter 4

This chapter is dedicated to RadicalReader because she was the second person who commented on my first chapter. Thanks!

Please comment and vote, it would mean alot to me xx

.....................................................................................................

(Damien’s view)

Damien watched Carmina walk out of the class towards Margaret and another girl who probably was one of her friends. He could hear them patronizing her about him and the way she kept brushing them off made him smile.

Lost in thoughts about the lesson he had earlier with Carmina, he walked behind Zack to his next lesson, which was English.

He could hear the faint voice of his talkative friend, telling him something about the new car he got for his birthday from his parents, but to be honest, he couldn’t be bothered listening to him at all. All he wanted right now was Carmina to be close to him.

 But he knew that it was forbidden for vampires. One of the biggest rules in his world was to never fall in love with a human. It was just going to put them in grave danger.

He couldn’t help it though; love is love and that was the biggest weakness for a vampire.  Not even the strongest person could fight this.

“Seriously, Damien. You gotta stop zoning out of the world, bro. Let me guess; you’re busy thinking about Carmina, aren’t you?” Zack asked him, his eyebrows raised and smirking.

Damien shook his head and looked down, knowing that his face would turn bright pink any second now. In all those thousands of years of his vampire life, he had never ever blushed over a girl before, never mind a human.

“Anyways, I’ll talk to you later, I’m in a different lesson to yours,” Zack told Damien.

He then turned around and walked off the opposite direction. As soon as he was out of sight, Damien let out a huge breath of air as though he was holding his breath the whole time.  

He then turned around and walked into his classroom. Inside, he saw his teacher asleep, drooling on his desktop and the students all messing around.

Some were throwing paper planes, a group of girls were busy re-doing their makeup, a few guys were having arm wrestles with each other and there were about two or three people looking very disappointed in their classmates.

He looked around for a seat when someone called his name from behind him. It was Margaret coming to his rescue.

“Yay! You’re in my lesson. I know what you’re thinking. They’re all soo immature,” she said with a little too much exaggeration. “Lets sit in that corner; no one can bother us there.”

She looked at the teacher with disgust and then walked on and sat in her seat. Damien followed behind and sat on the seat on her left.

“So, it’s Annes birthday in two weeks and me and Carmina were thinking of asking you and Zack to help us organise the party since Zack helped Carmina with mine,” Margaret began.

‘Ohh, that must have been the other girl who was waiting for Carmina,’ he thought to himself.

He acted as though he didn’t know who Anne was as he knew Margaret would assume that he was looking at them before.

“Who’s Anne?” he asked Margaret.

“Oh, yeah. I forgot that you just started school today. She is another best friend of mine and Carmina’s. So do you wanna help?” she asked him raising her eyebrows just like Zack.

“A friend of yours is a friend of mine, so a definite yes,” he answered back with a smile.

“Aww that’s the sweetest thing anyone has ever said to me,” Margaret admitted, wiping fake tears from her eyes.

“Drama queen,” he muttered, loud enough so Margaret could hear.

“Oi, cheeky,” she grinned, playfully punching him on the arm.

“So, lets do something unique to any other parties she’s ever had. What’s her hobby?” asked Damien.

“She loves dancing, so I was thinking of getting a dance group to dance at her party,” she replied back. “I could organise that.”

For the next hour, Damien and Margaret wrote down notes of ideas for Anne’s surprise birthday party. The lesson was such a blur to him that he didn’t even realise everyone was leaving.

“Lessons over, Margaret. Let’s go,” he told her.

“Whoa, this lesson went totally fast. Usually, before you came here, I’d fall asleep with boredom,” she said.

They both stood up and went outside where they saw Zack and Carmina waiting. As usual, Zack was on his phone and Carmina was standing there watching every step of Damien’s.

“Damien said he’d help us and we’ve wrote down some of our ideas. Seriously, this party is going to be the most awesome one ever, Margaret boasted. She then handed the notes to Carmina to look at.

“What party? No one told me,” Zack commented, looking offended.

“Anne’s surprise birthday party. We were gonna tell you after this lesson,” Margaret explained and as soon as she said that, Zack’s face lit up.

“Wait, we have to go with a date to this party? Why?” Carmina asked Margaret and Damien.

“No we don’t. Where did that idea come from?” Damien asked her.

She pointed at the paper, and there it was in capital letters:

‘EVERYONE HAS TO COME WITH A DATE OR ELSE THEY’RE NOT GETTING DINNER.’

As soon as he read that, he glared at Margaret, knowing it was her.

“Oh come on guys, please,” Margaret complained, uncomfortable at the glares she was receiving.  “Eurgh, you two are as bad as each other.”

She then turned around and walked off. Carmina then stormed after her, calling Margaret’s name.

“Girls,” Zack said, shaking his head.

They walked the same way Margaret and Carmina went and soon found themselves outside school.

“Bye,” they both said unison and walked off in opposite directions.

‘That was one dramatic day,’ he thought and as soon as he thought that, Margaret’s face came into mind.

He thought of Carmina, her beautiful, nervous smile that she always had when she saw him her golden-blonde silky hair. Oh what he would give to feel her hair.

He was looking forward to Anne’s birthday party because he knew that it meant spending more time with Carmina. He then remembered that he needed a date to go.

Carmina’s face sprang into his mind. He would surely ask her to go with him to the party. He definitely would even if it meant killing anyone who came in his way.