Chapter 9

Sorry I didn't upload yesterday, from now on I'm going to updat every two days

Please comment and vote

......................................................................................

(Carmina’s View)

Devastation flood through Carmina as she followed her friend Margaret as she followed her out of the classroom. It took every will inside her to not turn around and shout yes at Damien. She had to let him know.

Just before she closed the door, she looked at Damien, who was watching her every step, and mouthed ‘later’ to him, indicating that she’d let him know afterwards.

She closed the door and glared angrily at Margaret even though she knew it wasn’t her fault as she didn’t know. But she had to take it out on someone.

“You know, I really hate you right now,” she told her friend.

“Why? What did I do?” Margaret asked, stuffing a double-chocolate cupcake into her mouth.

“Damien just asked me to be his date to the party,” she muttered quietly, just in case Anne was nearby and would overhear it.

Margaret’s mouth gaped open awkwardly as she dropped her cupcake onto the floor.

“Are you serious?” she asked, after recovering from the shock.

Yep, and I was going to say yes to him but then you came. Then Miss Quell started talking and I couldn’t even tell him,” she groaned.

“Well, we’ve got art next, so you can tell him then,” she answered, feeling guilty.

Carmina sighed. “Don’t worry; it’s not your fault. I just had to take the anger out on someone and since what you did to me last night…”   

“Hey, you did throw honey at me this morning to get back at me,” she cried out, still annoyed at Carmina after the despicable incident.

“Oh yeah, forgot to mention. Damien asked me why yours’ and Annes’ hair looked different and I told him what happened,” she laughed.

Margaret muttered some inappropriate words at Carmina.

“Whoa, someone’s in a bad mood,” Anne grinned, skipping happily towards them.

“She told Damien what she did to us this morning cos’ he asked why our hair looked different,” she explained.

Anne gave Carmina a dirty look and shouted out at everyone, CARMINA LOVES THE NEW BOY!”

“What the heck?! No I don’t,” she shrieked loudly, so everyone could hear. They all made lovey-dovey sounds one glare from her them all shut up.

“Anyways, I’m really thirsty; I want to buy a drink. Let’s go,” Margaret complained.

“Hear I’ve got coke, drink that,” Anne replied, handing her a can of coke.

Margaret took a long slurp of it as they started to walk away from the classroom and towards the area they’d always stay in. As her two friends started talking about the assignment that they had to do in Drama, Carmina dozed out into thoughts about Damien.

As the minutes passed, the pain of telling him her answer grew bigger and bigger until she couldn’t take it anymore.

“Guys, how long left till we have to go back to lesson?” she asked her two friends.

Margaret looked at her watch and replied, “five minutes left.”

“Let’s go now. There’s a lot to do on the project,” Carmina told her friends eagerly.