Chapter 14

Hey Guys!

I’m really sorry for not updating soon.

Please comment and vote, I’d really like some feedback. Thanks!

………………………………………………………………………………………………………..

(Rogers’ view)

Stepping out into the open space in which he called his new home, Roger watched his assistant, Carol, walk towards him, from a distance.

“Did you stick the note on the tree?” he asked as soon as she arrived.

“Yes, sir,” she replied.

“Well, did he read it?” he asked, tapping his foot on the floor impatiently.

She nodded quickly, not daring to say another word in case he became angry again.

“Good. Now, bring me a deer and some food for the human while you’re at it,” he growled, listening to the rumblings his stomach was making.

Not wasting a second, Carol turned and ran deep in to the woods to start hunting for a deer.

Roger hadn’t eaten since last week due to the stress that had caused him to kidnap the innocent little human. To get Damien involved.

He knew it wasn’t his fault and that he was doing the right thing but putting a human in danger was the worst thing he could ever do. He didn’t want any of this but he had no choice but to do what he did just hours ago.  

“Roger, why are you doing this?” someone asked from behind him.

He turned around to come face to face with his younger sister, Ramona. Innocent girl, she didn’t have a clue on what was going on.

“Ramona, you’ll find out later on. I’m doing this for you. For your safety,” he answered back, refusing to look at his sister in the eyes.

“Do you really think I want this? The poor human is frightened out of her skin. Please, just take her back,” Ramon pleaded, trying to put some sense into her brothers’ mind.

“You know I can’t do that. It’s not like I’m going to hurt her. I just need Damien to come to me. I need his help. He won’t come if I tell him what’s going on,” Roger gritted through his clenched teeth.

“Well, can you at least tell me what’s going on?” she asked, beginning to get angry.  

“I can’t! Well, not now. You’ll find out later on. I promised mummy that I’d take care of you and that’s exactly what I’m going to do,” Roger said, almost as quietly as a whisper.

Tears began to run down his face as he thought of what would happen to his baby sister if he didn’t do this. It would be like déjà vu with Ramona as to what happened with Dina.