Chapter 6

I'm dedicating this chapter to netbotluv because she comments on every chapter of mine

please comment and vote, it would mean alot

if you have any advice for my story, please say something

sorry this is a really short chapter

.................................................................................

(Damien’s view)

When Damien arrived at his house, he didn’t bother going into his house. He threw his backpack on the floor and ran to the woods because he was dying with hunger. A day with thousands of humans around him was harder than he thought.

The gloomy woods was his second home. Actually his first home. It was filled with scrumptious food whereas his ‘human’ home, there was human food and it tasted like cardboard to him.

Although he was a vampire, he never had a chance to taste human blood and that idea never came to his mind as once, a long time ago, he was a human and he didn’t want anyone to go through the pain. Even if they called him the ‘cold-blooded monster’ as some people did years ago.

In less than ten seconds, he was in the middle of the woods, behind a tree, waiting for an animal to come out. He stood quietly and looked around. After a few seconds, he could here an animal strolling around.

This was his chance. He ran as fast as he could and grabbed hold of his victim’s neck. He twisted as fast as he could so the animal would die quickly with no pain.

It was a full-grown female deer. Score! On the day he was starving like hell, he got the second biggest animal in the woods. The first was a male deer. Good enough anyway.

He sucked the blood out of it, making sure there wasn’t a drop left inside. His stomach was full and fortunately, this deer looked after itself. Usually, the deers he ate were full of fat and this one looked and tasted quite healthy.

When he was finished with the deer, he threw far across the wood into the lake where he’d throw the remains of his victims. Sometimes, he’d leave them for other animals to eat them but today, he didn’t know what he was doing.

But today, Carminas’ face never left his mind and he knew that would never happen in the future either. He knew he was going to take Carmina as a date to the party. He was determined to but he didn’t know how. The more he thought about it, the more nervous he got.

He had a lot of lovers in the past but this time, it was different. She was completely different to the other girls he had ever gone out with before and if he was going to have a relationship in the future with her, he’d have to make it more special than the others.

No, he couldn’t go out with her, it would put her in grave danger and if that happened, he would kill himself. There were dangerous vampires out there, the opposite of him. All they wanted was human blood and they got it when they wanted it. They didn’t have any feelings so they didn’t really care if a human went through pain.

There were two kinds of vampires: good ones and bad ones. The good vampires took care of the humans from the bad vampires. It was their job.  

Hopefully, taking Carmina on a date to the party won’t put her in danger.

Damien turned and walked slowly back to his house. All he could think of was Carmina. He knew that his love for her was so strong that not even the strongest vampire could ever take her away from him.

But, he knew one day he’d have to move on otherwise humans would start noticing that he never changes. There was time left to spend with her but to keep her safe, they couldn’t get close and he definitely had to keep his secret safe from her. Or else her life would be in deep jeopardy and he wouldn’t want to be the reason why.    

He took his anger out on a large tree, and before he could do any worse, he shook the awful thought away.

Looking around at the woods reminded him of his back garden when he was human. He could remember playing there with his older brother, Rider, and his younger sister, Ramona.

He had those sad moments where he’d think of his family and he’d burst out crying because he missed them so much. People think that living forever would be a dream coming true but that live is so very lonely.

If only he had a soul mate that he could spend his vampire life with and the worst thing of being a vampire, was having no family to be supported by.  

Tears sprang from his eyes as he remembered his family’s’ faces. If only they were here, he would have been happy forever but that was impossible. They all died thousands of years ago and he couldn’t do anything about it but watch them.

Unless he changed them into the way he was. But he didn’t want them to feel the same sadness and loneliness he felt all those years. All he wanted was for his loved ones to be happy till the day they died.

He wiped his tears away from his eyes as he knew this would do nothing to get them back.

Ten minutes later, he was sitting on the steps of his porch. The only person alive that would make him happy was Carmina. So, he spent the next half hour thinking about her since he couldn’t go up to her as it would freak her out.

He then started thinking of ways to ask her to go with him to the party. Maybe, he could ask her when they were alone and talking about the party. Who knows? Only time could tell.