Chapter 23

Hey guys! I hope you like this chapter.

Please let me know whether this was boring and not.

xx

……………………………………………………………………………………..

(Damien’s view)

It had been almost an hour since Damien had last seen Sabre. He looked everywhere in the woods, but he was no where to be seen; he couldn’t even smell Sabre’s scent.

Deciding to do a second check he turned around and started walking looking for proof of Sabre being here. He knew it would be impossible because he couldn’t even smell a hint of Sabre’s scent but there was nothing else he could think of doing.

Right now, he was at one end of the woods with the battle between his allies and Sabre’s people on the other side.  Just thinking about the war caused him a headache. He knew that he was in debt with everyone he knew. They were all risking their lives just for him and his love and he didn’t even have the decency to know whether they were still alive or not.

Stopping in front of a large oak tree, he tried something he had never done in ages. From the past, he remembered that Beatrice had taught him how to find out whether another vampire was wounded or dead or alive and perfectly fine; but, it did take a lot of concentration.

He closed his eyes and imagined Cameron’s face, and tried to remember his scents. Slowly, he could hear a little heart beating, becoming louder and louder by the second. He sighed in relief knowing that Cameron was still alive, not wounded at all.

He did the same with Diane, imaging her face in his mind, and could hear her heartbeat. It was very weak but on a normal pace, connoting that she was wounded, but healing very fast.  He turned around and leaned on the tree, hoping he would be able to build up some kind of stability for this horrible situation.

Looking forward at the moon, he noticed a small building which just covering half of it – the factory.

Wondering what Carmina could be doing right now, he felt his heart doing somersaults just thinking of her. It had been less than a week and already, he had fallen in love with her and knew that he would never be able to live without her.

He missed her right now. Remembering how her eyes sparkled when she was excited about something brought tears to his eyes.

He may never see her again if anything with Sabre went wrong.

What would happen to her if he died?   

Diane did promise that she’d take of her but he still had that little worry in the back of his mind like how mothers worry for their children when they’re at day care.

What if Sabre was still alive after he died and he did something to Carmina?