Chapter 12

Please comment, vote and share.. It would mean alot.

......................................................................................................

(Damien’s view)

“Dude, I was waiting for you to tell me so I could tell you ‘bout it. And I was pretty sure that you knew after what you saw in art today so stop acting like you didn’t know,” Damien huffed to Zack. 

“I didn’t know,” he cried out.

“Yes you did,” Damien replied.

“Hey, guys. What do you want?” Carmina asked them.

“I would like a monkey,” Zack answered back, seriously. Everyone looked at him as though he was a freak because at the moment, he really was.

“Why the hell would you want a monkey?” Margaret asked whilst Carmina told someone on the phone that she wants two meat feast for him and Zack. She quickly ended the call before Zack had replied to Margaret’s question.

“Well, cos’ my mum is always making me eat bananas and I HATE them,” he explained.

“Or a gorilla. Wouldn’t it be cool to own a gorilla?!” he added, his eyes wide with excitement. Seriously, is he actually sixteen years old or the same age as his shoes size?

“Your date needs static help,” Carmina told Margaret.

Damien nodded in agreement as he watched Zack huff in anger and stomp out of the room like a four year old.

“And I thought Margaret was weird. They absolutely suit like hell,” he told Carmina and they both then watched Margaret squirming uncomfortably.

Before they could tease her anymore, she literally ran out of the room to the kitchen.

‘I bet a million pounds Zack is in the kitchen,’ he thought to himself.

“Hey lets check what those two love birds are up to,” Carmina whispered to him, a mischievous glint in her eyes . He nodded back and they slowly crept up to the kitchen but unfortunately the door was closed.

“Aww man. What a fail,” she moaned stomping her foot on the floor.

“An epic fail,” he agreed with her, disappointed. “Never mind.”

He took her hand in his and led her to the living room.

“I’m so tired and hungry,” she groaned to him.

“Food’s on the way and I can help you sleep,” he answered back, grinning cheekily.

 Before she could say anything, he picked her up and walked to the couch.

Luckily, instead of her resisting and throwing a tantrum, she wrapped her arms around his neck and wrested her head on his shoulder. He lay down on the sofa putting her slightly on top of him but with the rest of her body next to him. Almost at once, she fell asleep he heart beating at a slow, peaceful rhythm. He smiled, watching her chest heave up and down against his. He pulled her closer and closer until there was nothing between them. He pecked her forehead and started drawing circles on her hip with his left hand to pass the time.  

Half an hour later, Zack marched in the room causing Carmina to wake up.

Damien glared at him, so he could go out of the room and let her go to sleep again but no, he jut had to sit on the chair.

“Err, Zach, get out. Now,” Damien ordered. He shook his head playfully and for a moment, Damien thought that Zack had the mental age of a three year old.

“Leave, you should have waked me up before. How long did I sleep for?” she asked him.

“Half an hour,” he answered back.

“Isn’t the food here yet?” she asked.

He shook her head and watched disappointment flood through her face.

‘Wow, she must really be hungry,’ he thought.

Now that he thought about it, he was quite hungry too. He hadn’t eaten since morning and that squirrel wasn’t much to fill him up. A drop of human blood would last him a day but hell would freeze over before he hurt a human for that department.     

“Do you like the meat feast?” Carmina asked him. “Cos that’s what I ordered for you two.”

“Zack will eat anything, including your foot, and yeah, I like the meat feast,” he replied.

“Hey, I would NOT eat anyone’s feet!” Zack cried out.  

“Stop eavesdropping in our conversation, love,” Carmina smiled.

“Hey!” Margaret whined before she could stop herself.

 “Ooh someone’s jealous,” Damien muttered quietly.

“How long does it take for the person to get the food here?” Zack asked.  

“It takes about an hour to arrive here from that shop,” he replied.

Everyone groaned at that.

“Well, how long left?” Margaret asked him.

“About 20 minutes left,” he answered back.

“Let’s watch a movie then to pass the time,” Carmina said.

“The TV is upstairs in my bedroom,” Damien said.

After a few groans from Margaret and Zack the stomped upstairs with Carmina and him following after, deciding to watch the horror movie ‘the possession’.

He put the movie on and sat down on the bed next to Carmina whilst Margaret and Zack sat on the couch.

 Damien put his arm around her and without a word; she rested her head on his shoulder and at once, he could feel that she belonged with him. Always.

Just when the movie started, there was a knock on the door.

 “I’ll get it,” Damien told everyone, and went downstairs. Already he missed Carmina.

He unlocked the front door and was about to open it when he heard a low growl from the other side. That was no human. The intoxicating smell of human blood flooded the air around him.

This vampire was definitely a flesh-eater.

‘sh1t, what if he can smell them?’ he thought. He couldn’t put his dear, harmless friends in danger.

Damien took a deep breath and opened the door, ready to fight with the danger ahead.

The breeze of warm air hit him like thunder as he waited for the excruciating pain of death to overcome him. But there was no one there.

He sighed in relief and looked around to make sure that the vampire had gone. Nothing.

Just before he closed the door, he noticed something on the floor; it was a note written in blood. He sniffed the air. Yep, definitely human blood.

Slowly, he read the note and as each word sank in, his anger grew and grew. It said:

‘What a shame Anne won’t be at her own birthday party.’

He could feel his blood boil with pure anger and hatred towards the filthy monster who wrote this. All he could hope for was the blood not to be hers.

Damien had to find this guy and kill him even if he had to give his life up for his friend. He couldn’t let her die like that five year old girl. No, the same thing would never happen.

Using his vampire senses, he tried to smell out the trail of the vampire. He found it a few seconds later and at once he could feel that it was familiar.

No it couldn’t be him. Damien was absolutely sure that he killed him. Roger was back. If he was back, then everyone he knew is in danger.

This couldn’t be happening. This could not be happening,’ he thought.