3

Hanbin's POV
I stared at myself in the mirror. On the outside, I looked as cool as a cucumber, but inside, I was a nervous wreck. And it wasn't just stage nerves.

Before signing up for this program, I was a backup dancer for BTS and WANNA ONE, and my role model is NCT. FOR LIFE. You should see my room. It has uncountable Kpop merch of the cutest boys on earth. Just imagine. One day, my face would be on those posters, albums, cards, mobbed lovingly by my fans. I have never thought I would reach my goal this fast, to pursue the career I always dreamed of.

It was an indescribable feeling when I finally had the opportunity to chase my dreams. As I soared higher and higher towards my goals, I felt an incredible sense of accomplishment and pride. It was as if I had broken through a barrier that had been holding me back for so long. The journey was not always easy, but the reward was beyond measure. Being able to pursue my dreams and achieve success was truly an unbelievable experience-

Wait.

Not yet.

I slapped my forehead. I let my imagination carry me away again. I haven't debuted yet, the first task hasn't even started, and beads were already forming on my forehead. They would start to record in half an hour.

I hummed the lyrics of Beautiful Beautiful nervously, whilst my brain was floating with the image of the boy I saw a few days ago.

Aish. Better concentrate.

There was a knock at my door. My best friend, Matthew ran in and gave me a hug. "Gosh, I'm so nervous! What am I gonna do?!"

Being the big brother I am, I hugged him back like I did in the past. Matthew and I were roommates before I joined STUDIO GL1DE.

"I promise you'll do fine," I patted him reassuringly, "You've got the potential. I believe in you."

Matthew seemed unsure, but nodded aggressively. "It's about time. Listen here. I'm nervous too, ok? Everyone is. But as we have the opportunity to debut and expose ourselves, we should do our best. You'd like being in a group with me, right?"

Matthew perked up. "Of course! Let's go, let's go!" I chuckled softly as Matthew pulled me towards the back door, where we would be entering.

A flash of brown caught my eye. I whipped around, and my heart skipped a beat. "Hey, it's the guy I met at the entrance!" I smiled joyfully, "Hao-hyungie!!!!"

He turned around and saw me grinning like a maniac. Waving back, he ducked his head shyly. Cute.
"
The gold-haired boy beside him eyed me with confusion, then looked at Matthew who was watching beside me. They both winked at each other.

"What?" I asked Matthew after we parted. "Who was that? You looked at him with such lovable affection," He questioned. "Chill, I just met him a few days ago, I don't even know his birthday." I laughed. He didn't laugh back.

"You never look at me like that," Matthew sighed. That's when I remembered what happened in the past. The poor guy seemed to have a crush on me. Considering the fact Matthew and I spent the whole day together and knew what I was up to, the poor boy was probably heartbroken by now.

"I'm sorry, Matthew," I gave him a friendly pat, "But that was nothing. I swear."

"May the trainees from STUDIO GL1DE please enter the stage," A voice spread through the room. Matthew and I jumped. "Time to go," I winced, but waved at Matthew, who was looking especially nervous for me.

I walked through the tunnel, and was amazed by the environment in front of me. The walls are black, but there were blue lights to lighten it up. What caught my attention the most was the throne in the middle, obviously for the 1st. I wondered if I would have a chance to sit on it.

As I stepped onto the stage, my heart raced with anticipation. The bright neon lights illuminated the space, casting a blue glow over the audience. I couldn't help but feel a mix of nerves and excitement. The stage felt like a blank canvas, ready for me to paint dreams onto it. I looked up at the screen and saw my agency's name appearing there, on top of mine. Despite the butterflies in my stomach, I felt a sense of happiness wash over me as I took my first steps. Not only because it was the beginning of a new chapter,

it was because I met eyes with that trainee.