16

Zhanghao, who obviously wouldn't listen, ran after Hanbin, encountering an informed 𝓡𝓲𝓬𝓴𝔂. In sympathy but also disappointed in him, he still put his arms around Zhanghao and held him tightly, doing his best to calm him quickly.

"𝓡𝓲𝓬𝓴𝔂-ah," Zhanghao sobbed on his shoulder, "Hanbin...I..." He gulped, choking on his tears, 𝓡𝓲𝓬𝓴𝔂's shoulder getting wetter than ever. "I've heard about it too," 𝓡𝓲𝓬𝓴𝔂's sighed, "You chose Jebiwon over Hanbin. I admit I was pretty surprised, but if that's your choice... you did break his heart, but I promise you'll both move on."

"But... I don't want to move on," Zhanghao mumbled, "Aren't Hanbin and I the perfect couple?"

"Yes?" 𝓡𝓲𝓬𝓴𝔂 was puzzled, "But don't you want ZB1? Wasn't that the reason you broke up with Hanbin?" Zhanghao nodded sadly, "Well, I worked hard for it, and how could I leave before the debut? I'm in the lineup already, the first place, wouldn't that seem weird? Although I have to leave Hanbin... but isn't WAKEONE a trash company? Knetizens are already counting the days until Kep1er-sunbaenims are free from them..."

"Wait wait wait, let me get this straight," 𝓡𝓲𝓬𝓴𝔂 side-eyed Zhanghao, "You don't want Hanbin, but you don't want your career?"

"I WANT HANBIN AND MY CAREER! I WAS JUST SAYING THE LAST LINE TO TRY TO CONVINCE MYSELF BUT I DON'T THINK I'LL GET BACK WITH HANBIN ANYTIME SOON! ACTUALLY, I DON'T KNOW! GIVE ME SOME TIME TO CLEAR THIS OUT!" Saying that bitterly, Zhanghao left 𝓡𝓲𝓬𝓴𝔂's grasp, his face red after all those crying, his throat constricting like he was struggling to swallow down a still-beating heart, like something inside him shattered, and it was obvious Ricky felt it, as he let Zhanghao walk back to his dorm alone. As Zhanghao shut the door, 𝓡𝓲𝓬𝓴𝔂 could hear the start of his untouched violin.

A Zhanghao sat in his shared dorm with Jiwoong and Matthew, he couldn't help but feel the heavy weight of his confusing heartbreak. The pain was almost unbearable, but he knew exactly what he had to do. He reached for his violin, his trusted companion for years, also the one untouched for months since he had Hanbin to be his therapist. Struck by the memory of Hanbin, Zhanghao lifted the instrument to his chin and began to play John Williams – 'Theme' from Schindler's List. His fingers moved across the strings, producing a mournful melody that echoed the sadness in his heart. As he played, he closed his eyes and let the tears pour down. Tiny sniffles were also generated outside by a sympathized charisma boss.

On the other hand, Hanbin, back from his walk in the park, was still in a daze as he staggered through the complicated hallways. Accidentally bumping into a staff, he squeaked alarmingly.

"Squeaking?" The staff grabbed Hanbin closer until they were on the same level, "That doesn't sound like Sung Hanbin."

There was something about this clear and annoying voice that made Hanbin hate it instantly. He whipped around angrily, clenching his hand. "Mo Youngeun?!" He grumbled, "Why the heck are you here?"

It was rare that the soft and polite Hanbin had such a different attitude towards a person, but the said Mo Youngeun didn't give a fig and just cackled, which angered Hanbin even more. "I said, what the heck are you doing here?!"

Mo Youngeun was a short, stout woman with a sharp gaze that seemed to pierce through anyone who met her eyes. Always thinking of herself as the prettiest on earth, she somehow thought highly of herself as the epitome of elegance and poise and had developed a bragging and irritating personality.

Not only that, Mo Youngeun was manipulative and a psychopath, always one step ahead of her unsuspecting victims. She could do anything to exploit others' weaknesses made her a formidable adversary. She possessed a cold and calculating demeanor, never hesitating to use her intelligence to achieve her selfish and hurtful goals.