Prologue

March 28th

Mr Unknown (10:23pm): I know you'll be on my side with this. A pub crawl... but just to bakeries #croissantkegs 🥐

Miss Dial (10:26pm): You carb be serious!

Mr Unknown (10:27pm): Oh, but I am! Imagine it now... face down in a barrel of croissants! Amazing! (Also, 1000/10 for the pun! Nice work!)

Miss Dial (10:30pm): Why stop at croissants? Why don't you have a second barrel of scolding hot cocoa too? #livingontheedge #borntobebrave

Mr Unknown (10:40pm): I feel like you're making fun of me. The only reason I'm going to ignore it is your Born to Be Brave reference. Did you just hashtag High School Musical: The Musical: The Series at me?

Miss Dial (10:42pm): Hell yeah! It's a right of passage.

Mr Unknown (10:57pm): Sometimes I question the reason why I keep texting you?

Miss Dial (10:58pm): Simple really. It's for my charm and my wit! Just admit it, I'm the funniest person you know.

Mr Unknown (11pm): Watch that your head doesn't get stuck in the doorframe.

March 29th

Mr Unknown (11:43pm): So my friend told me that when you're messaging someone you don't know, you automatically give them a face and body. So I was thinking, what face and body have you given me?

Miss Dial (11:47pm): Are you drunk?

Mr Unknown (00:03am) I may or may not have had 6 glasses of wine, but that is beside the point.

Miss Dial (00:11am): Go to sleep, Mr Unknown. I'm quite sure you need it.

Mr Unknown (00:12am): In my head you're the most beautiful woman in the world and I'm lucky to have you messaging me.

Miss Dial (00:16am): Thanks, now go to sleep.

March 30th

Mr Unknown (01:23am): FYI, I'm totally a slow to be blocked kind of guy. You'll want to see it all before finally closing the conversation down.

Mr Unknown (10:59am): I want to beg for forgiveness! I'm on my hands and knees here... please ignore my drunk texts.

Miss Dial (10:59am): I hope your head hurts! Now, don't mind me, I'm going back to sleep.

Mr Unknown (11:03am): Back to sleep? It's almost lunchtime and I'm bored. Please entertain me!

Miss Dial (11:05am): 😴 😴 😴

Mr Unknown (11:10am): Fine! I'll be bored by myself then and just bombard you with messages until you entertain me.

Mr Unknown (11:12am): So what do you think about the weather? (Not that I know where you are?)

Mr Unknown (11:14am): I just ordered a croissant and a hot cocoa. Is it barbaric of me to dunk the croissant into the drink? There's no one around to stop me, so I'm just going to do it.