Sweets

Mr Unknown (9:27am): Was it red or black liquorice?

Marinette was back in the boardroom – mortified, embarrassed and quite sure she'd just made a humongous ass out of herself. Could this day actually get any worse? Not only had she mistaken Adrien for Felix this morning, but now she was being interviewed by the same guy! It seemed 'A Designs' actually stood for Agreste Designs — Gabriel's new brand in conjunction with his son.

Thank god the interviews were group interviews or she may have died from humiliation. After falling into her chair and having to contend with Adrien literally bursting out laughing, the other three hopefuls came into the interview room too. Why they couldn't have all entered together was beyond her? Perhaps Adrien had asked for Marinette to come in first and make a complete tit out of herself before others joined too; giving him the laugh he craved and making sure she didn't go any further in this process.

One thing was for certain though, there was zero shock on his face from her arrival. He knew she was going to be there, only adding to the chagrin from this morning – even more so when Adrien questioned the hopefuls on their professional conduct and desire to play 'practical jokes'; his eyes firmly set on hers. Asshole.

To Mr Unknown: Would you like to expand on this?

She sat down at the large conference desk and buried her head in her arms against the table top. To be fair, it hadn't gone badly, but with Adrien's presence and snide remarks she had stumbled on a couple of questions which should have been child's play to her. She had tried to keep her eyes on the senior leader at the table, giving Gabriel Agreste all she could in hopes he would see her as an asset to the brand and not just 'the girl that fell into her chair'. Lifting her head from the table, she quickly grabbed her phone and dropped a message to Mr Unknown. She needed to speak to someone unbiased. Luckily, he was right there waiting.

Mr Unknown (10:53am): Everyone knows red is superior.

To Mr Unknown: Red is fake liquorice, any true sweet lover knows it's all about the black. It just has that special thing.

Mr Unknown (10:56am): Are we still on about sweets or your preference for when it comes to the colour of your underwear? 🧐

To Mr Unknown: Wouldn't you like to know? 😉

Mr Unknown (10:57am): That's exactly why I asked!

Her heart skipped a beat as bubbles appeared informing her he was typing again. Marinette wasn't sure she could handle this... she needed to divert the conversation and fast. She didn't flirt... she didn't know how too; even hiding behind her phone.

To Mr Unknown: Actually, can I ask you a question?

The bubbles stopped and disappeared, and she guessed he was either deleting the message or copy and pasting it to send to her later. The bubbles suddenly started up again and Marinette messed with the end of her ponytail, wrapping it around her finger in a nervous disposition.

Mr Unknown (11:01am): Sure. Just be careful you don't go too personal. Anonymity remember. Oh, and FYI my liquorice underwear is a twisted red and black combo.

An uncontrolled snort left her nose, the other interviewees once again staring over at her.

I bet they never thought they'd be interviewing with Miss Piggy, she thought, turning her attention back to the phone once again.

To Mr Unknown: Oooo, sexy! I bet all the girls love a combo! And staying anonymous, are we? Why's that? Are you a catfish?

Mr Unknown (11:03am): I'm as real as they get, Babe.