Cosplay

March 28th

Waking up was just as difficult in England as it had been in France, even if the time difference was only one measly hour.

Marinette had been so tempted to snooze, but it was her first day on the job and she couldn't jeopardise her punctuality score on the first day — even if it did mean a couple more hours in her warm, Magic Mike inspired dream. Though a pleasant dream in full, Marinette couldn't ignore the way the lead dancer, who spent most of the night grinding up against her, was a spitting image to Adrien.

Finally prying herself out of bed, she moved around grabbing her hair brush, and combing through the sleep induced knots. She'd shower and then prepare herself for the day ahead; a day where she would finally become a designer at a world renowned fashion house. She still couldn't believe this was happening.

Glancing at her suitcase, she thought about starting to pack her items away — including the now infamous feather jacket. She still couldn't believe Adrien had ended up being the one to wear it. How much bad luck could one person possess? Twice she'd managed to cause almost irreversible damage to him with a feather; a ranking she was rather reluctant to hold. She had a couple of days left in London before heading back 'home' to Paris and with the stress of the past few days, she couldn't wait to go home and chill.

During her call with Nathalie, she found out her work visa could possibly be completed in just over a week, and then she'd be upping from her roots and heading to London. It was both exciting, yet terrifying at the same time. How would Paris cope without her? It had been three years since the last akuma but she couldn't help thinking as soon as her back was turned suddenly Paris would become a villain's playground once again.

Lifting a hand absentmindedly to her ear, she stroked her bare lobes wishing for the added support of her small friend. The reason Tikki was not with her? Quite simple really, she wanted to make sure she got this job on her own, without the added influence of the Ladybug luck; although, according to Tikki, out of transformation that didn't exist. But Marinette wasn't taking any chances. Not this time.

Traipsing into the bathroom, Marinette did what she needed to before heading out of the room she was staying in and straight to the kitchen – a silent prayer that Félix wouldn't be there again, yesterday was enough embarrassment for the year.

Slowly edging into the kitchen, Marinette looked straight ahead, coming face to face with thick, blond hair. She studied it carefully to make her assessment. There was a slight flick at the ends, the top almost super glued to his head. Oh, yes! She was 100% sure she knew which cousin was making delicious smelling eggs.

"Morning Félix," Marinette yawned, moving to the fridge and selecting the carton of orange juice before moving to the cupboards and finding a glass. She'd been here a lot since Kagami had moved in with Félix, their house becoming almost a home away from home.

"Right cousin today, well done." He placed the spatula down in the pan and gave her a slow clap. She was tempted to take the pan and tip its contents onto his head.

Rolling her eyes, she wandered over to the breakfast bar and hopped up onto the stool Adrien had occupied the previous night. An odd feeling unsettled her as she replayed their conversation in her head. She looked back up to tilted her own head to the side.

"It wasn't hard," she said. "Adrien doesn't eat eggs." She placed a hand over her mouth unsure where that information had come from; since when had she taken notice of Adrien's eating preferences.

"Correct," the blond responded, turning to his plates and depositing the scrambled eggs equally onto the two. "Guys a freak!"

"I prefer the term unique ."